Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Cannot Enable Preview - Camera will not connect via WiFi

We appreciate the update, @heroichike011. Great to know that the live preview is working now. Thank you for posting back about the solution on your end. Enjoy using your camera!

Highlighted
GoPro

@bluewater86456. What is meant by second change? Does this mean you had to go through the setup for pairing again in order to connect your camera to either the GoPro App or the Smart Remote next time you use them? Have you been able to explore using the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band? 

Highlighted
Hiker

yes, exactly the behaviour is always the same..

hero7 black - IpadPro  (everything upgraded to the most recent avaliable frimware/software/OS).

Pair the hero7 with the app (IPadOS 13.6)

now I can controll the cam and/or download the media to the app

pair ther hero 7 with the smartremote (for recording)

now I can remotecontroll my hero 7 for a recordingsession (around 150 clips have been recorded that way)

back to my office ...try to connect again to the app ...no way ..whatever I try

I have to reset all connections ... and then pair my Ipad again.

It behaves as well the other way around .

pairing the smart remote first..then changing to the app .... then back to the smartremote - and stuck , no remoteconnection possible ..even after trying several attempts without resetting (in the hassle before the event starts) it causes the smartremote to semiconnect... means , it could not really remote but start the camera once, then pressing the on/off button , shuts down the hero7 as well , but the smartremote freezes .... have to press the modebutton for more then 10secs to reset it.

can easily been reproduced ....

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @bluewater86456. We have recently released version 6.18 of the GoPro App fo iOS. If you have not updated yet, please do and see if it makes a difference in the connectivity issue that you have reported. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!