Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Can you add media to an existing Quik video? If so how?

When I wanted to go back and edit one of my quik videos I couldnt figure out how to upload more media into the existing quik 

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Can you add media to an existing Quik video? If so how?

Sure you can. Just open an existing project, tap the three dots and select: duplicate and edit. Then you can push the + symbol to add new media ;)

Highlighted
Hiker

Duplicate and edit is not working correctly
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @dannysiggers

What error message are you getting when on duplicate and edit?

Do you have the latest version of the app?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Nomad

@dannysiggers is right. The same is happening to me. Quik just exits when I select Duplicate and edit. Such a pity, this app rocks, but it seems to work not properly in android phones lately...
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]
Seriously? The latest... There is no error message it just crashes. Look at my other posts in the forums if you want to know more. This bug has been going on for months on Android 9. OVER AN OVER AGAIN it shuts the app down and crashes it. There is no fix on the user end! If the video is longer, say 3 min or so it will not work. Get the developers to text it with Android 9 and a longer video with multiple clips. Make and save a video. Come back a couple days later and see it will crash. Please don't hi 5 me and waste my time.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]
Yes unfortunately these nimrods on the support chat don't speek English! Or follow through, wasting 20 min my time the other day. This is a fantastic app, small improvements can be made for sure but It's clearly not getting the support from GoPro it needs. I would pay money for this to work properly!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone. The Quik for mobile app has not been updated for quite a long time since its features and functions have been integrated into the GoPro App. However, as long as you have the latest version of the Quik for mobile app installed, you should still be able to "Duplicate and Edit."

We just did a test on a Samsung phone running on Android 9 with Quik for mobile app version 5.0.7 and we were able to create a video (including differently-sourced files), save the video, re-open video, and duplicate and edit. The last one allowed us to include additional photos and videos. No crash was observed all throughout the process. 

If you can, try editing using the latest version of the GoPro App instead. These instructions will show you how to create videos using the GoPro App.