Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: Can’t watch, preview 360 video

Hi all;

I have a Hero 7 Black and a Fusion which I have been conrolling with a Pixel 3, no issues. I recently installed the app on a ipad mini 2 running ios 12.4.5. The app controls the camera but I cannot see the video on the ipad screen, either live preview or normal playback. I can see the thumbnails of previously recorded materials but cannot watch them as the screen is only black.

Please advise.

Jeff

GoPro

Hi @grandpike21741

Please try the steps below:

Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password/ta-p/394276
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

This didn’t work for me
Tourist

I found a screen that indicated the A7 chip on the ipad mini 2 is not supported for 360. However, it does control the Fusion, and works properly with the Hero 7. Since I render Fusion files on my PC I'm not concerned about not being able to see the video, which, let's face it, with 360 you can only see a little at a time, at best. So in the end I'm ahead of the control I get with my Android tablets, which is absolutely none. I'll look into getting into a mini 4. Overall the Apple approach is quite new to me, and with the Fusion and the Hero 7 I'm way ahead of where I was with the Hero 3.

Jeff

GoPro

@willcord I see you've installed the latest testflight, to follow up, please don't hesitate to join : https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.ios.beta or to contact me on Messenger (Anais GoPro)

Thanks,