Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Can’t watch, preview 360 video

[ New ]
Can watch or preview 360 videos , because of this can’t really edit. I’m on the lates update on the app and also the camera is updated
GoPro

Re: Can’t watch, preview 360 video

[ New ]

Hi @willcord,

May I know what device are you using to playback 360 videos?

Just in case you're using your phone.

Is it already saved to your phone's internal storage or it is still on the app?

You have to save that video to your internal device to maximize your phone's capability 

-Jay

Hiker

[ New ]
I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max
The file has been transferred to my phone already. I can see the file thumbnails. But when I press on the video to watch it is just a black image with the player controllers
3168BB28-A5F6-4DDA-902B-6F94A315403A.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi  @willcord 

Sorry about that. Do you have the exact same situation with any 360 file you try? I'd recommend to test on a short 360 file first.

Idea would be to isolate if this could be due to a corrupt file.

Let me know :)

Hiker

[ New ]
I try multiple recordings in 360 and still just black. The 360 photos can be seen. If I use my iPad I can view and edit the files, but not on the iPhone. I deleted the app and re-download and no luck, I restarted the phone and no luck.
iPhone 11 Pro Max 256 gb green
iPad Pro 128 gb
GoPro

[ New ]

@willcord that's a very strange issue that we are not understanding here...

So my next course of action would be to invite you to beta so you can try with version 6.6.

To beta test GoPro App you will have to fill out a NDA first. Here: https://goprorc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3dRVirHRT9IfmBf
I'll add you to our testers' list when it's done.

Beta process:
- iOS: install TestFlight on your device, invitation will come per email
To share feedback and for follow up > ask access to 
- iOS GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.ios.beta

I manage this group, it's a place where beta users share their feedback / ideas / bug reports / videos / questions etc...
We can then do the follow up on the Facebook group and per Messenger, it's best for me to help users that way.

Let me know

Thank you
Anais

Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks

Ok I sing the NDA
I’ll get an email to download?
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi William,
You've been added to beta - 6.7 - install via TestFlight.
Share feedback via the FB group and with me per Messenger Anais GoPro.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi all;

I have a Hero 7 Black and a Fusion which I have been conrolling with a Pixel 3, no issues. I recently installed the app on a ipad mini 2 running ios 12.4.5. The app controls the camera but I cannot see the video on the ipad screen, either live preview or normal playback. I can see the thumbnails of previously recorded materials but cannot watch them as the screen is only black.

Please advise.

Jeff

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @grandpike21741

Please try the steps below:

Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions on https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Reset-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password/ta-p/394276
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
This didn’t work for me
Tourist

[ New ]

I found a screen that indicated the A7 chip on the ipad mini 2 is not supported for 360. However, it does control the Fusion, and works properly with the Hero 7. Since I render Fusion files on my PC I'm not concerned about not being able to see the video, which, let's face it, with 360 you can only see a little at a time, at best. So in the end I'm ahead of the control I get with my Android tablets, which is absolutely none. I'll look into getting into a mini 4. Overall the Apple approach is quite new to me, and with the Fusion and the Hero 7 I'm way ahead of where I was with the Hero 3.

Jeff

GoPro

[ New ]

@willcord I see you've installed the latest testflight, to follow up, please don't hesitate to join : https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.ios.beta or to contact me on Messenger (Anais GoPro)

Thanks,

Tourist

[ New ]
I’m having the exact same problem. Black screen but I can hear the audio. I’m using iPhone X
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rapiddive38805

Are you able to test it with another phone?

This will help isolate the issue.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
It works fine with my iPad Pro
GoPro

[ New ]

@rapiddive38805, sorry to hear about the trouble. We'd like to gather a few more information to help us further isolate the problem. Does the issue only happen when editing or using the Multi-Clip Edit tool in the app? Do you get the same results when importing non-spherical footage into the Story? Are you able to playback these media files directly in the app's Media Library (not when editing a Story)?

Additionally, what's the iOS version installed? Run any available OS update.

Tourist

[ New ]

it only happens when I try to edit 360 spiracle footage. It's the same whether I try to view the footage directly from the media library or after I download it. I am using iPhone X iOS version 13.3.1.

If I blindly make some edits, I can see the video after exporting.

DFA666B5-EBC2-4151-869A-9F2AC5EB29E7.png
GoPro

[ New ]

@rapiddive38805, thanks for posting back with an update. See if enabling the Reduce Motion feature (Settings > Accessibility > Reduce Motion) on your iPhone will help. As far as I know, this can generally speed up iPhone devices, which can also be affecting the app. Let me know how it goes.

GoPro

[ New ]

@willcord @rapiddive38805 @grandpike21741 

What's the status on this? Any luck?
It's going to sound a bit basic but could you make sure to do a restart of your device before trying again.
Also - know that update 6.7 is just around the corner.
Keep us posted, thanks :)

Tourist

[ New ]

I just received a ipad mini 4 Saturday and started testing the Fusion with it. So far it's much better at previewing 360 video (than the ipad mini 2) but not so good at transferring from the camera. It's either very slow or refusing to do more than a few seconds. On preview it hangs up after 10 seconds or so, then starts up again. the ipad is running the latest ios, I believe it's 13.3.1. Control of the Fusion and the Hero 7 are both good.

Hiker

[ New ]
No luck on this issue yet. My iPad runs everything fine. But my iPhone 11 Pro Max can see any 360 videos, on the camera or downloaded to the phone. I was in vacation in New Zealand and this was very frustrating as I can’t edit on the go and delete files. So it took all my iPad storage to be able to empty the 200gb memory card so I can keep recording my adventures .

I’m on the beta pro ram and there is no progress on this issue at all
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @willcord

What app version are you using?

Is there another phone you may be able to test it with?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I'm running the latest version available on Testflight. My iPad mini 4 running the latest iOS available. I still can only see a few thumbnails from my Fusion on my iPad mini. I can see everything on my Pixel 3 running Android 10. I still prefer to render my files using the Fusion Studio app on my Windows 10 pc.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I was the same

What can I do?

GoPro

[ New ]

@lithebeach85388 
Make your device is compatible by checking this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/360-Media-Support-in-the-GoPro-App/ta-p/408043

And also know that we will be publishing an update soon > 6.10 which has lots of fixes that could help.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have an iPhone X

Tourist

[ New ]

I have an ipad mini 4 running the latest ios, and a Fusion. I could see live video in 360 on my Pixel 3 but while I could control the Fusion with the ipad mini I couold not see it. I am currently beta testing some new releases of the GoPro app and I'm happy to say that I can now see live video and watch recorded clips, and can also transfer to the app. It's quite an improvement in just the last month so hopefully it will be released soon.

GoPro

[ New ]

@grandpike21741 @willcord @rapiddive38805 @lithebeach85388 @aragon1006

Hi all, 

It seems that a solution the Black Preview on 360 media has been found in this post: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/GoPro-Max-black-screen-on-iPhone-for-360-videos...

Would you mind trying and keeping us posted?

SOLUTION !!!

iPhone / iPad
Settings >
General >
Reset >
Reset All Settings
SOLVES THE FOLLOWING ISSUE
Gopro Max/Fusion

360 Video
Preview Camera Content or
Imported Video to the iPhone/iPad
BLACK VIDEO SCREEN / AUDIO OK