Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Can't stream to a secondary youtube channel

I have more than one youtube channel and the app only streams in the "main" channel (the one directly associated with that gmail). I need to stream to a secondary channel, that is actually the real channel (and youtube don't let me change that).

I know you will suggest to use Rtmp, but this is not a solution, because it can't be done via mobile youtube app. You can't create a stream from youtube app chossing rtmp as a source, only from a desktop/notebook! And when you are using a gopro, you are most time outdoors, without a computer where you could do that...

Other softwares like XSplit Broadcaster aloow you to choose the youtube channel you want to use. So, it is possible to do. You really need to implement this in gopro app. I wonder why you didn't that until now...

Thank you,

Willian Cruz

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can't stream to a secondary youtube channel

Thank you for the additional details, @vadebike. We checked with the team and at this time, the app does not support such a feature. As you already mentioned, the way to go is through RTMP. We have passed your feedback along to the team for future consideration. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @vadebike. Does your secondary YouTube channel have at least 1000 subscribers? There is information under FAQ/Troubleshooting here https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Getting-Started-With-Live-Streaming/ta-p/395877 that might help. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, @mariustanya. Thank you for your answer.

Yes, it has around 3500, this is not the problem. The problem is that we can't select to what channel we want to broadcast. We need something like this example (see jpg file attached). This is from a software we use here to broadcast from the computer (XSplit).

channel-selection-example.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the additional details, @vadebike. We checked with the team and at this time, the app does not support such a feature. As you already mentioned, the way to go is through RTMP. We have passed your feedback along to the team for future consideration.