Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Can't setup Auto Upload

[ New ]

Hi,

I bought new Hero 9 + Subscription. I'm not able to setup the Auto Upload function. Once I get to the Wifi selection and I type in the password, after a while it stops with "timeout error". I'm using Xiaomi Redmi 9 Pro, Android 11, MIUI 12.0.4. I've tried also with an Iphone 10 but it failed on message that the phone can't connect to the GoPro wifi. I can't see my GoPro's wifi on any other device. I tried factory reset with my camera. Nothing seems to work so far.

I'm also unable to view media from my phone. On Android it is just forever loading, on Iphone it can't connect to the GoPro's wifi. 

I need this problem solved with my Android phone, I only tried the Iphone since it should be more stable and reliable as I read on this forum.

Thanks

GoPro

Re: Can't setup Auto Upload

[ New ]

Hi @mikalina

What version is the app on?

See if changing the camera's Wi-Fi band will help. Go to Connections> Wi-Fi Band

If it's still the same it will be best to try and re-flash the software. Please follow the manual update steps on https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 

thanks for fast reply. App version is 8.10 (11001).

I tried both 2.4 and 5GHz wifi without any change.

I've also tried re-flashing the GoPro but it also didn't help.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for trying the suggested steps. @mikalina

The best path forward is to reach out to Support to have this checked further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.