Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Can't move videos to iPad

[ New ]

I have done this before. But after not having space one time, I now have 3 videos stuck mid-transfer in a failed state. I can't clear them, and they don't show up in Apple Photos or Files either.

Every time I try to transfer to Apple Photos, 2 popups come up in quick succession. First is the out-of-space one (even though, I have plenty of space now), immediately replaced by a generic "Can't share" popup.

I've tried restarting app, restarting iPAD, deleting the Gopro app and reinstalling. Nothing works.

I believe the broken video transfers are taking up a large amount of space in my Photos I can't clear also. I don't know how to purge them.

IMG_0558.PNG

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Can't move videos to iPad

[ New ]

Hello, @deftdive3511. App deletion that you did should have already cleared the issue. See if deleting media from the app (those that are not needed in the app anymore or those that have been saved on the iPad already) will help with the transfer. Do it one at a time especially for large files to see if it makes a difference. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @deftdive3511. App deletion that you did should have already cleared the issue. See if deleting media from the app (those that are not needed in the app anymore or those that have been saved on the iPad already) will help with the transfer. Do it one at a time especially for large files to see if it makes a difference. 

GoPro

[ New ]
Also - Note that an app update is coming soon as well.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you.

Removing the videos from GoPro app, redownloading from GoPro, then saving (sharing to Photos) fixed the problem.

The share to Apple Photos was instant because the files were already there but broken.