Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Can't live stream from GoPro HERO7 & HERO8 black to Azure Media Service

I can't live stream from GoPro HERO7 & HERO8 black to Azure Media Service by RTMP.

I tried live stream from GoPro HERO7 & HERO8 to facebook, twitch by RTMP and its working -> network connection is ok. (1)

I tried live stream from my computer to Azure Media Service by RTMP and its working -> Azure Media Service is ok. (2)

But when I tried live stream from GoPro HERO7 & HERO8 black to Azure Media Service by RTMP with same RTMP url at (2) but it's not work.

Error message on Android App: "Some thing went wrong. Make sure your URL is correct and your streaming platform is not down."

Error message on GoPro: "Network Error. Unable to connect"

I'm sure that my URL is correct and my streaming platform (Azure Media Service) is not down. Also my network (wifi) can connect to Azure Media Service.

I wonder that if GoPro Apps for Mobile (I tried both Android & iOS version) can live stream to RTMP platforms like Azure Media Service or it only support Compatible platforms list in https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-live-stream-from-your-GoPro/ta-p/395877#RTMP

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Can't live stream from GoPro HERO7 & HERO8 black to Azure Media Service

I am having the same problem.

I've tried connecting to my azure media service and on both android and ios versions of the gopro app I am unable to establish a connection when using a direct RTMP link.

As soon as I start live streaming, the app ends the stream saying "Make sure your URL is correct and your streaming platform is not down".

I have been able to connect fine to the service from OBS, but from gopro, it doesn't work. There is nothing wrong with the RTMP service.

Here is what an azure RTMP user would look like

rtmp://johntesting-johntesting-aueas.channel.media.azure.net:1935/live/dd90a5ec761042b296bb96664e59a...

I can use the other streaming services (Facebook, Youtube) but not a direct RTMP link.

Can someone please help me or have I just wasted $700???

John

Screenshot_20200522-214934_GoPro.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can't live stream from GoPro HERO7 & HERO8 black to Azure Media Service

Hi @duchm19020 @fleetridge2478

Thanks for confirming that other platforms are working.

We'll have this shared with the team.

What phones are you using?

There is an update released for the GoPro App on iOS.

See if this makes a difference.

Make sure to restart your phone before connecting to the camera again.

Thanks!

Ej