Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Can't get Hero5 connected to Capture app "No internet connection" message

@Anonymous - When a GoPro is used to stream over Periscope, it uses the user's cellular data to stream. I'm not sure if Periscope has made their app compatible with the HERO5 yet, but if you have a HERO4 and one of the iPhones they support, you should be able to stream.

Here's a link to the instruction page on the Periscope site... https://help.periscope.tv/customer/en/portal/articles/2287095-how-do-i-broadcast-using-a-gopro-

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

I do not have another GoPro.
I purposely waited for this one because it was THE one (at least this what the ads said).
And I did buy it for streaming on Periscope.
Now?
What would you do if you were in my shoes?
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - I would first try to see if my GoPro is compatible with the Periscope app by doing a test run using the instructions I posted a link to above. If it didn't work, then I would contact Periscope and ask them if the HERO5 is compatible with their app (maybe there are different connection instructions than there are for the HERO4), and if not, do they anticipate making the app compatible with it.

Sorry I can't be more help, but Periscope's app is not something I have a ton of information on. Contacting Periscope directly would be the best option to get more information.

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

I did try everything. I'm in touch with the Periscope people now.
The fact that remains is that GoPro5 has "no internet connection" as the wifi settings say to everybody, not only to me. It doesn't look good at all.
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - The "no internet connection" means that the wifi connection between your phone and the camera is not also connected to the internet. The connection between the camera and phone will happen without also being connected to the internet.

When streaming through Periscope, the upload to Periscope is done using cellular data, not wifi, so the wifi connection not being connected to the internet has no impact.

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

I wish I was a technician, it looks a little tricky to me. And not only to me.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Its already connected mate!

THink about it, does your gopro have internet? Nope

Highlighted
Anonymous

Who cares to have a GoPro5 connected to my iPhone if I can't go on the Internet?

I bought it to stream live on Periscope and I can't.

So I spent a lot of money for a useless thing for my purposes when the GoPro5 ads said very different things.

I'm very disappointed and I really hope GoPro people solve the problem.