Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Nomad
Accepted Solution

Can't get Hero5 connected to Capture app "No internet connection" message

Can't get Hero5 connected to Capture app keep getting this (pictured) wierd "No internet connection" message.

Note: I have a lot of Hero4 cameras so I know how to connect the app or what used to be the working app. As shown it gets a check mark but will not actually connect or the app does not see it.

Any ideas I've tried a number of things.

Thanks,

No_Connection.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can't get Hero5 connected to Capture app "No internet connection" message

Hi @Anonymous@remote9@Anonymous, 

Just to clarify here, that yellow No Internet Connection message in your wireless settings doesn't mean you didn't connect to the camera. You'll notice that blue check mark is still there. This is just messaging that Apple introduced in iOS 10 that notifies you that the network you've connected to isn't connected to the internet. And that's correct. Most Wi-Fi signals connect to the internet but the one produced by the camera simply connects your phone to the camera. 

Similarly, Android devices can sometimes jump off of the GoPro network because it thinks it's a "bad" connection due to the fact that it doesn't connect to the internet. 

Please go ahead and ignore the yellow message and go to the Capture App after connecting to the GoPro signal and seeing that blue check mark, and feel free to let us know if you are still having trouble!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

edit: I have also tried reseting the camera back to factrory defaults this gave a different password to enter and still same result.

GoPro please help!!!

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

I understand you may have gotten this issue resolved. In case it helps, here is a quick video I just made about the pairing process with a HERO5 Black and an iPhone.

If anyone is having trouble with pairing their own cameras, if you can share screenshots (or even a video), it may help us spot where the issues are.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

I still cannot connect my GoPro Hero 5 Black. Everyday this camera gives me a problem. All I want to do is turn my GoPro on and have it work. I followed video above, every step and it still won't connect. VERY frustrating. Please help. I forgot network. Went to the process of reconnecting my camera as a "new device" and I still cannot connect. This is really annoying.
Highlighted
Nomad

Yes it is VERY VERY frustrating there is some bugs in the app and the connection somewhere. I evetualy got mine to work but have had it drop and not work again. The big frustrating part for me has been clearing off the app completely and starting fresh. What I mean is deleteing it from my phone and reseting camera to defaults. Why this is particularly making me mad is that I had 8 cameras pared to my phone and had to redo all of them not once but twice now. Even the GoPro support guys on here aren't very helpful at least have been for me. I have submitted a support ticket to GoPro.com for help on the matter.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have the same problem... cannot solve it

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @Anonymous@remote9@Anonymous, 

Just to clarify here, that yellow No Internet Connection message in your wireless settings doesn't mean you didn't connect to the camera. You'll notice that blue check mark is still there. This is just messaging that Apple introduced in iOS 10 that notifies you that the network you've connected to isn't connected to the internet. And that's correct. Most Wi-Fi signals connect to the internet but the one produced by the camera simply connects your phone to the camera. 

Similarly, Android devices can sometimes jump off of the GoPro network because it thinks it's a "bad" connection due to the fact that it doesn't connect to the internet. 

Please go ahead and ignore the yellow message and go to the Capture App after connecting to the GoPro signal and seeing that blue check mark, and feel free to let us know if you are still having trouble!

Highlighted
Anonymous

I can ignore the yellow message, I don't care, and yes I got my GoPro5 camera connected to my phone.
But the BIG problem is that I want to go to live streaming (Periscope, Facebook live, etc
- that's why I bought a GoPro!) and without Internet connection that thing doesn't going to happen.
Now what? May I have my money back? Or...?