05-24-2018 02:51 PM
I just got my GoPro Hero 6 and I tried pairing it with my phone (OnePlus 5 - Android), I got it down with the WiFi but I didn't get the message that was supposed to pop up right after getting the WiFi connection down. I want to connect it via BlueTooth to save up some of the battery, as go pro claims, any ideas? ~I have the latest update of the gopro app on my phone.
05-24-2018 05:37 PM
Let's try to reset the connections. On your app, access Camera and tap on your camera's name. Choose Delete.
Go to your phone's settings and forget the Wi-Fi name and/or Bluetooth ID.
Proceed with the pairing process again (see steps below). If it still does not give you the option, try to reset the camera and pair it again. (Preferences> Factory Reset)
- Open the GoPro App:
- From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on "Add A Camera" (iOS), "Camera" (Android).
- Tap on "HERO6 Black."
- Pick up your camera:
- Power on your camera.
- Open the utility drawer by swiping from the top to the bottom of the touch display, then select "Connections."
- Under Connections, tap on "Connect New Device."
- Tap on "GoPro App". You will see the name and password for your camera.
- Go back to the GoPro App:
- Tap "Pair" to connect via Bluetooth. This will extend your GoPro’s battery life.
- Then tap "Join" to connect to the Wi-Fi on your camera.
Let us know how it goes.
05-25-2018 12:36 AM
I tried but I never got it to connect with BlueTooth once again. I never got the option to pair the camera with my phone after connecting via WiFi. I looked up some videos on YouTube and it looked like when I connect the WiFi and I go back to the app I should get an instant "pair with bluetooth" button but that did not happen. Even if I go to my bluetooth settings and I try connecting with my GoPro through there I get "pair rejected by GP108". What should I do ?
05-26-2018 02:55 PM
Is it possible to pair it with a another phone? If this option is not available, try to run a manual software update. Once the update is completed, do a reset on the camera. Preferences> Factory Reset
Proceed with the pairing process again. If you are still missing the Bluetooth connectivity option, please let our Support Team check on this further. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs