Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Can't find how to connect via BlueTooth !

I just got my GoPro Hero 6 and I tried pairing it with my phone (OnePlus 5 - Android), I got it down with the WiFi but I didn't get the message that was supposed to pop up right after getting the WiFi connection down. I want to connect it via BlueTooth to save up some of the battery, as go pro claims, any ideas? ~I have the latest update of the gopro app on my phone.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can't find how to connect via BlueTooth !

Hi @stoutdusk81670

Let's try to reset the connections. On your app, access Camera and tap on your camera's name. Choose Delete.

Go to your phone's settings and forget the Wi-Fi name and/or Bluetooth ID.

Proceed with the pairing process again (see steps below). If it still does not give you the option, try to reset the camera and pair it again. (Preferences> Factory Reset)

1. Open the GoPro App:
    • From the home page, tap the icon in the top left corner.
    • Tap on "Add A Camera" (iOS), "Camera" (Android).
    • Tap on "HERO6 Black."  
  2. Pick up your camera: 
    • Power on your camera.
    • Open the utility drawer by swiping from the top to the bottom of the touch display, then select "Connections."
    • Under Connections, tap on "Connect New Device."
    • Tap on "GoPro App". You will see the name​ and password for your camera.
  3. Go back to the GoPro App: 
    • Tap "Pair" to connect via Bluetooth. This will extend your GoPro’s battery life. 
    • Then tap "Join" to connect to the Wi-Fi on your camera. 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried but I never got it to connect with BlueTooth once again. I never got the option to pair the camera with my phone after connecting via WiFi. I looked up some videos on YouTube and it looked like when I connect the WiFi and I go back to the app I should get an instant "pair with bluetooth" button but that did not happen. Even if I go to my bluetooth settings and I try connecting with my GoPro through there I get "pair rejected by GP108". What should I do ?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @stoutdusk81670

Is it possible to pair it with a another phone? If this option is not available, try to run a manual software update. Once the update is completed, do a reset on the camera. Preferences> Factory Reset

Proceed with the pairing process again. If you are still missing the Bluetooth connectivity option, please let our Support Team check on this further. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej