Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Can't download media from Gropro Plus when using highlights

I have been working on making videos with Quik from my downloaded media from GoPro plus. It works fine until I try to add my own highlights to the clips before downloading the media. When I do that, I keep getting an error when it tries to download. When I don't add highlights, it downloads fine and I can make the movie. But it's not playing the parts of the clips that I want. I can't figure out what else to do to be able to download the media with my highlights in it. Any suggestions?
GoPro

Re: Can't download media from Gropro Plus when using highlights

Hello @nicepeak72550

Which phone model are you using. We replicated the issue on our end using both Android and iOS phones, but we were able to download videos from the cloud successfully after adding Hilight tags. Try uninstalling, the re-installing the Quik app and see how it goes. Please also observe if the number of tags and the resolution of the video you are trying to download have and impact. Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

Thank you for responding! I am using a Google Pixel 2XL. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Quik like you said. I experimented with one short clip and a couple of highlights and that worked. But then when I added another clip it stopped working and wouldn't work after that no matter how many clips are highlights I did. The vidoes we're shot in 1080p and I'm trying to make a video with about 13 clips with one or two highlights from each one. Is that the problem? I am brand new at this and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!

Tourist

I guess I also need to mention that I am trying to download the vidoes using my GoPro Plus account.
GoPro

Hi @nicepeak72550

There is a recently released update fpr the GoPro app for Android.

See if this resolves the issue.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Thanks. I will try that!
GoPro

Thanks! @nicepeak72550

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej