Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Can't connect to Mobile App since update to 5.2.1

The only option I can find that is close to "wifi connection history" on my android phone is "wifi control history", but this just shows that gopro has the permission to turn off wifi. There was nothing else that I can see, can you direct me to where I can find this on android 9.0. Thanks
Highlighted
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

@shamp1712 wrote:
Hi, 

I have recently updated my Gopro Android app to version 5.2.1. However I can no longer get any new media from my Gopro Hero 5 into the app. I get the message "Looks like you have new media - Get it". But when I click to "Get it" it just looks but can't find it. I never had issues prior to the update.

In the camera page on the app I get the message "Something went wrong - make sure wifi and bluetooth are on to continue". Both wifi and bluetooth are switched on the phone. On the gopro camera under connected devices it says Gopro App - Disconnected"

I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps including forgetting gopro bluetooth and wifi on mobile, reset connection on gopro and reconnecting in the app and it has no issues finding my gopro. 

I had no issues prior to the update so all I can assume is there is a problem with the latest update. Can you advise if you are aware of an issue with update 5 2.1 and how this can be fixed. I am using android software version 9 on a Samsung S9+.

Regards

Steven

Yes i m also facing same trouble.I m using samsung s9 model.It all started after update 

Highlighted
Hiker

fastrange07051 & quickmesa70183 - have either of you managed to find the "connection history" option in the wifi and removed it as suggested on here, I haven't managed to find where it is?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi, I have not found such a mention, but there is an option called "Previously connected devices" where can "forget" the devices you have already connected. Could be this the so called "connection history"?

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, that's what I've done. I've not had chance to try the reconnect after doing this "forget" step - have you? I was getting too frustrated last time and need to recharge my gopro!! I'd be interested to see if anyone has had success with this process
Highlighted
Nomad

On some devices it's also under "Manage networks".

So to get to it, press and hold down your WiFi icon.

Click on "Advanced"

Click on "Manage Networks"

Delete your GoPro information from the "saved networks" in there.  If you dont do this, even if you select "forget network" in the main WiFi menu, your GoPro WiFi information is still stored in there and it will make it impossible to connect to your app.  So you need to make sure you delete all references to your GoPro in the WiFi connection and your "manage networks"/"saved networks".

I'm not sure if this is specific to Android or Samsung devices but it worked for me.

Good Luck!

Highlighted
Hiker

Well I followed the steps above removing all traces of the gopro on the phone wifi, added my camera to the app again and....it worked!! 😀. Thanks for everyones help.
Highlighted
Nomad

Glad it worked out!  Now go shoot some awesome video!