Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Can't connect to Mobile App since update to 5.2.1

Hi, 

I have recently updated my Gopro Android app to version 5.2.1. However I can no longer get any new media from my Gopro Hero 5 into the app. I get the message "Looks like you have new media - Get it". But when I click to "Get it" it just looks but can't find it. I never had issues prior to the update.

In the camera page on the app I get the message "Something went wrong - make sure wifi and bluetooth are on to continue". Both wifi and bluetooth are switched on the phone. On the gopro camera under connected devices it says Gopro App - Disconnected"

I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps including forgetting gopro bluetooth and wifi on mobile, reset connection on gopro and reconnecting in the app and it has no issues finding my gopro. 

I had no issues prior to the update so all I can assume is there is a problem with the latest update. Can you advise if you are aware of an issue with update 5 2.1 and how this can be fixed. I am using android software version 9 on a Samsung S9+.

Regards

Steven
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can't connect to Mobile App since update to 5.2.1

Thank you for the feedback, @shamp1712. We are taking note of this and will pass this along to the team. A question though, when you updated to the latest version of the app, did you restart your phone? If you haven't, try it, pair the camera and the phone again, and see if it makes a difference. We'd love to hear back from you. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Mariustanya, yes I tried restarting my phone and re-pairing the camera and phone after the update. It still won't connect properly, I did try the whole process a few times and on one occasion it did connect briefly but then wouldn't download the new media from the camera.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I have exactly the same trouble :-(

Highlighted
Hiker

quickmesa70183 - what mobile phone/OS and gopro camera are you using? It would be interesting to see if it is specific models. Mine is Samsung S9+/Android 9.0 and a GoPro Hero 5.
Highlighted
Hiker

Judging by all the bad reviews on the Google play store for this latest version, the app needs an update and quick! Connectivity issues and a new storage location seem to be the biggest complaints
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 7 black and Xiaomi with Android SO version 9
Highlighted
Nomad

When you went into your WiFi settings and selected "forget" for the connection, did you then also go into the advanced tab and delete the connection from the connection history option?  If you didn't then the Samsung still "remembers" the connection and won't let you set up a new one.  You have to make sure you go into the "connection history" in the advanced tab and remove the connection from there also.