Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Can't connect my GoPro HERO5 Session to my Phone

I've been trying for several months to connect my Gopro to my iPhone, I've tried everything and it's never worked. It told me "Unable to connect to the GP2458..." (in french)
- My camera is the HERO5 Session
- Camera firmware version : V02:51
- Phone: iPhone 5S
- Mobile OS: 11.4.1
- Carrier : Orange (France)
- Gopro app version: 4.6.1

I ask you to help me :'(

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can't connect my GoPro HERO5 Session to my Phone

Glad to hear back from you, @elpotrel. Thank you for going through the recommended steps. As the issue is still not resolved. it would be best to get in touch with our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance. You can refer them to this post so you do not have to go through the same troubleshooting steps that you have already done. Thank you!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @elpotrel

Appreciate you posting details of the issue. I see that the camera is already updated to the latest firmware. If the update was not done manually, it would help to re-flash the firmware by doing a manual update. This is to clear out any possible error with the current installation. You can find instructions under Manual Update here. Next, uninstall and reinstall the GoPro App. Prior to pairing again, please consider the following steps:

1. Delete the Bluetooth ID from your device settings
  2. Remove the camera from the menu in the GoPro App 
  3. Forget the Wi-Fi on your mobile device 
  4. Reset the Wi-Fi on our camera.

Details on these steps are discussed in this article on solving GoPro App connection issues. Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Marius, I appreciate you answering me and wanting to help me, but everything you just said, I've already done it 10 times. I tried it with different phones but it doesn't work. I think it's the gopro who has a problem. The Gopro also take a long time to shut down. :(

Highlighted
GoPro

Glad to hear back from you, @elpotrel. Thank you for going through the recommended steps. As the issue is still not resolved. it would be best to get in touch with our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance. You can refer them to this post so you do not have to go through the same troubleshooting steps that you have already done. Thank you!

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok, I will contact the support team !

Tanks a lot Marius !