Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Can’t change the speed of the video

[ New ]
I’m editing a video in the GoPro app and I can’t speed up or slow down my video. I can see a Speed icon in the editing options, but when I go there and try to move the cursor to change the speed it won’t allow me.

I was just trying to combine a few simple timelapses, but the app is horrible to work with. I don't want music or the app to guess what it thinks is important, I just want to crop 2 clips together and change the speed

GoPro

Re: Can’t change the speed of the video

[ New ]

Hello, @founderaugustus. Are the files that you are using regular video files? Which frame rate were they recorded with? 

Tourist

[ New ]

The video was shot with the GoPro. Timelapse, 4K Video

GoPro

[ New ]

What was the frame rate used for the 4K video? Please note that the speed up o slow down option only applies to certain frame rates. For example, a video captured at 120 fps can be slowed down up to 4x, a video captured at 60 fps can be slowed down up to 2x. A video recorded in 1080 at 24 fps can be sped up to 4x.

GoPro

[ New ]
@founderaugustus
There is a chance that you captured you 4K video at 30 fps so you won't have the option to slow it down. It has to be 50 or 60fps.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I am not sure how to add two clips together without the app using the "Quik" function and editing it, but I did find the speed up/slow down feature after a lot of digging.  It was found where you edit the color or add filters to the picture or video.  It was found in the pencil icon instead of the edit section.  

If you find a way to edit videos the old fashion way of adding multiple videos and photos together and edit on your own, please let us all know!  The old Quik (and now baked in Quik function) has its benefits, but I personally dont use it very often.  I use an iPhone so I typically edit the 360 in the GoPro app and then export to my camera roll.  Then I switch over to iMovie and finish my actual movie.  It would be nice to cut out that middle step!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @eschlegel. After selecting the clips that you want to combine or include in your edit, tap on the Themes icon (bottom, second icon from the left) and choose Raw. This has the most minimal transition effects. You may also delete the first text slide (drag down to delete) and disable the outro GoPro logo (tap on the pencil icon. See if this works for you. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!