Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Can’t change the speed of the video

[ New ]
I’m editing a video in the GoPro app and I can’t speed up or slow down my video. I can see a Speed icon in the editing options, but when I go there and try to move the cursor to change the speed it won’t allow me. Am I doing something wrong?
Is there a way to slow down/speed up a video within the GoPro app? Thanks

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Can’t change the speed of the video

[ New ]

Hello, @adroitoasi160, IN order to slow down, you can record with frame rates 60fps and up. To speed up, try using 24 fps. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @adroitoasi160. What's the video resolution used in the media? Also, what's the mobile device used and the GoPro App version installed?

As far as I know, the Speed options in the GoPro App (slomo/fastmo) can vary depending on the devices. This option is automatically deactivated on lower-end mobile devices as it can cause lags.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi!

I shoot in 4K. I have iPhone 7 Plus and the latest GoPro app version. What devices/video resolution is the best to use to be able to change the speed of a video in the GoPro app? It’s a bummer that I can’t change the speed.

Thanks!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @adroitoasi160, IN order to slow down, you can record with frame rates 60fps and up. To speed up, try using 24 fps.