Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Can’t change resolution from app

Hi,
I purchased a GoPro 3+ black as a test before buying a new GoPro and I’m having problems.

I’m not sure what I’ve done to my GoPro 3+ black but when using the app I can’t change the resolution.

It’s seems to be stuck on the following:
wvga
12fps
Field of view Wide
Resolution unknown missing setting

Please help?
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Can’t change resolution from app

[ Edited ]

hi, you can change the resolution in either in the App or on the camera itself. It's going to be in the settings menu, one of the first options once you're there..once when i was workig on photo essay maker project i'v got an error that resolution is not supported on my device so i had to check with https://gopro.com/help/articles/Question_Answer/Supported-Resolutions-for-Copy-and-Share-in-the-GoPr... ..

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi, I have exactly the same problem and it has only just started to occur.

Although you change settings and save the app always shows the set you mention although if you actually look at the camera LCD it does change.

As it used to work and it doesn’t anymore it must be a bug in an APP update ??

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi everyone,

We'll keep you posted. 

We already submitted this bug and we'll keep you posted as soon as possible or as soon as we receive an update about this.

Thanks,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Hiker

same here.  App on any device i have will not change the resolution.  it LOOKS like the resolutoin changes, but a whole mess of a process when trying change resolution on Hero 3.  I have not tried my 3+ yet.

Highlighted
Hiker

Issues resolved.  it does not work with the crAPPLE software.  I was stupid to use my work phone rather than my personal phone.  I should have known.  my android works PERFECTLY FINE.  it's always an issue with crAPPLE.  I am able ot change setting without issue.

Highlighted
Hiker

works fine on my android.  my crAPPLE work phone it does not work on.  issue resolved!

Highlighted
Hiker

works fine on my android.  my crAPPLE work phone it does not work on.  issue resolved!