Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Can't Share Your Video error message iOS app GoPro Max video

[ New ]

I shot a short 17 second 360˚ video with my GoPro Max. Video is unedited. From the app I'm attempting to share to YouTube.

Steps:

Open video on app. Click Share icon in the upper right. Select "... Share..." Screen says "Preparing Media" for a second. Click the YouTube icon in the bottom left. Fill out YouTube fields (Title, Category, and Privacy settings). Click Post. Following error appears.

IMG_3BD1E0CC4C4E-1.jpeg

Note: There's an additional bug in that the Category dropdown menu does not display the values. You can poke around and select but you can't see what you are selecting. Test by clicking on Category and no values appear.

IMG_39EC1E9941ED-1.jpeg

GoPro Max v1.40

iOS App v. 6.91 (3581)

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Can't Share Your Video error message iOS app GoPro Max video

[ New ]

That was it! When I went to sign into YouTube from the GoPro app there were two choices (I have my primary Google account and my legacy YouTube account) and I had chosen my Google account. On YouTube it doesn't seem to make a difference but the GoPro app definately was affected. I signed out and resigned in with my YouTube account name and it works.

Now the only bug is the dropdown menu for the categories.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@swooshdave, thanks for the details. We've recently released a newer version of the GoPro App (v6.10). Please install the latest version of the app and test it out.

If the issue persists, I'd like to gather a few more details to help further isolate the problem. Do you get the same results on all spherical (360) video clips in the app? How about the non-spherical videos in the app?

Is it isolated to YouTube sharing only, what about Facebook?

Lastly, what's the phone model used and the iOS version installed?

Hiker

[ New ]

Updated app to 6.10 (3629)

Same result with spherical video going to YouTube. Also same issue with Category dropdown.

Non-spherical video also failed uploading to YouTube although with different error message (I assume because the interface is different for the non-spherical video, I assume because it was built first).

IMG_7426A25B1BD7-1.jpeg

Facebook appears to work better, although on initial upload the spherical video uploaded to Facebook was not spherical. Either Facebook is still processing it or the metadata was not injected correctly. I tend to think the former.

Phone is an 11 and iOS 13.3.1

Is this not reproducable on your end?

GoPro

[ New ]

@swooshdave, when I tested this out on my end, I ran across onto the same error but later figured out that I didn't have my YouTube channel selected when I set it up in the GoPro App. I had to log out of my YouTube account in the GoPro App and sign in again.

Also, do you have the YouTube app installed on your phone? 

Hiker

[ New ]

That was it! When I went to sign into YouTube from the GoPro app there were two choices (I have my primary Google account and my legacy YouTube account) and I had chosen my Google account. On YouTube it doesn't seem to make a difference but the GoPro app definately was affected. I signed out and resigned in with my YouTube account name and it works.

Now the only bug is the dropdown menu for the categories.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

@swooshdave, glad to hear that it's working now. As for the Category menu, I'll share this one out with the team in charge. In the meantime, you can edit or add the video category through YouTube's page.

Hiker

[ New ]

I'm aware of the workaround. Thanks.