Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Can't Edit Go Pro Max 360 footage in App

[ New ]

Got the max yesterday and I can't edit any 360 footage in the App? When I open the footage to do some overcapture the app appears to be working but the video appears as per the screenshot below. The video plays ok on my PC in GoPro VR player 3.0.

Phone is a HTC U11 Life running Android 9.

As there is no app for Windows yet - I am unable to use my new camera for overcapture at all! :(

Screenshot_20191026-130200.png

Hiker

Re: Can't Edit Go Pro Max 360 footage in App

[ New ]

I've raised a case via chat support for this issue.

GoPro

[ New ]

@graypeak42624 

Sorry about this issue. The Team is currently working on many bug fixes - watch out for update 6.2.1 and 6.2.2 coming in the following days/weeks. This will address a lot of issues.

Tourist

[ New ]

My error! I found the footage right there in the app--how could I have missed it? And wow, the editing possibilities are marvellous and the footage is stunning! Thanks.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hope it will be fix soon. Haven’t post any photos yet. Traveling overseas next week & would to post photos in instagram everyday.
GoPro

[ New ]

@nikoregala @graypeak42624 @deftpike840 

Coming updates - iOS 6.4 and Android 6.2.3 are in the pipelines, two updates with a big chunk of bug/crash fixes.

Hiker

[ New ]

@haindashOk. thanks for the info though the last 2 updates haven't fixed the issue on my phone so I will wait and see...?

With the updated Windows desktop exporter app finally allowing export to hevc and h264 mp4 files I do now have a workable way to reframe 360 max video: export using this then edit/reframe using Insta360 studio!! Smiley Surprised

I'm sure Go Pro are pleased we are having to use their main rivals software....? Smiley LOL

GoPro

[ New ]

@graypeak42624 

So right now the app is still showing 360 footage like the screenshot you posted? Still looks like this for you?

GoPro

[ New ]

@nikoregala What is the issue you are having exactly?

What is your device / OS + a screenshot of the problem?

Thank you!

Hiker

[ New ]

@haindash  Yes. Still the exact same issue. There is a support case for this (ref:_00Do0HJuF._5003b1Rh9yr:ref) - they emailed when the last update came out. I replied saying it still wasn't fixed.