Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Can not upload to app on phone

[ New ]

I can not upload videos from gopro 7 to my phone via the app, keep getting a selection of error messages. Can someone help!!

GoPro

Re: Can not upload to app on phone

[ New ]

Hi @timbear84

What version is the app on?

What error message are you getting?

See if changing the camera's Wi-Fi band will help. Go to Preferences> Connections> Wi-Fi Band

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Have the latest version of the app.
Getting wifi can not connect
No new footage
Cant find camera
This happens again and again!
Toggled through wifi band and on and off, deleted app reinstalled. Connected camera 50 plus times!
Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for getting back to us. @timbear84

What phone are you using?

To help isolate the issue, would you mind testing if the same happens on another device?

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I have the galaxy note 20.

Before the latest update it was working.
I could try on wifes phone
Tourist

[ New ]
Now tried this on two others phones and cant not download fottage and get the same various messages.
Can not find camera
No new footage
Cannot connect to wifi
This is really frustrating and the fact i can not share the footage is really grating!!!
GoPro

[ New ]

We would like to understand the issue better, @timbear84. Will you be able to share with us a clip showing the issue? You may post on YouTube, or upload to Google Drive or Dropbox, and share the link here so we can access the file. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
This seems to be an android issue after trying it on 3 android phones with no luck, i try on my mothers ipad and i can upload content on first attempt! So must be something wrong with the app
GoPro

[ New ]
For connection issues, it’s best to reset everything because it could be a problem with the phone itself, the app, or the camera. 

Firstly the phone:
- Restart the phone
- After phone is back on turn off/on wifi and bluetooth 
- Remove any GoPro connection from the wifi settings menu
- Remove/unpair any GoPro connection from the bluetooth menu

Secondly the app:
- Delete the camera from the camera chooser inside the app (long press on camera image)
- (Android only Clear cache from the app: go to settings - apps - GoPro - clear cache)
- Kill the app and relaunch

- Make sure you are running the latest app version

Lastly the camera:
- Pull battery out and back in

- Make sure you are running the latest camera Firmware
- Turn wifi off and on
- Turn camera off and on

Now for pairing the camera to the app:
- Put camera in pairing mode, turn wifi connection on or wireless connections on
- Open app and tap the camera icon
- At this point the app will try to connect over bluetooth and take you through the pairing process, follow all the instructions on screen in app
- Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth
- Once you are paired just make sure for future reconnections that the wifi is on in the camera and you’ll be all set

Also, try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network.  Send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera.
Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you for that detailed answer.
Where can i source the firm wear for the camera??
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @timbear84

You may refer to https://gopro.com/en/us/update

Thanks!

Ej