Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Can not pair iPhonex to GoPro app

Ok, I have followed the instructions in the app and on the support page but no luck getting the camera paired to the GoPro app. I tried an iPad and my wife’s iPhone, still no luck. Why with the camera in pairing mode and showing a pairing number can I get get the phone to connect? All I get is the No GoPro detected error?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Can not pair iPhonex to GoPro app

Hi @redstoke84331

Yes. As suggested above, if your iPhone/iPad does not pickup the Wi-Fi name ( via connections settings) try resetting the Wi-Fi settings of your camera. If it's still the same proceed with the manual software update then try again.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @redstoke84331

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Odd that none of the iOS devices that you have are not able to connect. Have these devices worked with the app before? See if the steps to fix listed below will help clear the issue: 

• Delete the Bluetooth ID from your device settings
  • Remove the camera from the menu in the GoPro App 
  • Forget the Wi-Fi on your mobile device 
  • Reset the Wi-Fi on our camera 
  • Lower the Wi-Fi band setting on your camera (HERO6 and Fusion only)

For more details on this set, you can check out this article.  Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

You’re assuming that my phone ever paired to actually have a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to delete.

It has never successfully paired
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @redstoke84331

What is the model of your camera? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

While the camera is on pairing mode, see if the mobile device picks up the Wi-Fi name at least. Settings> Wi-Fi

If it does, try to tap on your camera name and enter the password. Once done, go back to the GoPro app and see if it connects.

If it does not pick up the Wi-Fi name at all, try a Wi-Fi rest on the camera. If it's still the same then a manual software update is recommended.

If all else fails, please reach out to our Support Team for assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

EJ

Highlighted
Tourist

It’s a hero4, not sure silver or black. Assuming sliver as the camera is silver. Yes deleted and installed the app a couple of times but it still will not connect. Even tried an iPad and two separate phones. I was told to try upgrading the camera firmware
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @redstoke84331

Yes. As suggested above, if your iPhone/iPad does not pickup the Wi-Fi name ( via connections settings) try resetting the Wi-Fi settings of your camera. If it's still the same proceed with the manual software update then try again.

Thanks!

Ej