Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Can I transfer an Older GoPro App 5.2.4 From my iPad to my iPhone 6?

[ New ]

Is there any way to transfer my older GoPro app 5.2.4 from my iPad Air 2 to an iPhone 6? I had that version on my iPhone 6 that was accidently deleted. The new GoPro app ver. 7.4 will not support an i.o.s. device under version 13. My iPhone 6 is updated to 12.9 which doesn't support i.o.s. 13 and up. I know the iPhone is older but, it worked flawlessly as a remote. I'm on my second GoPro Smart Remote which was replaced due to connection issues for my Hero7 Black. Connection issues are still a majoor P.I.A. over half the time not just for me but, many others. I want to go back to using the iPhone 6 if I can. I also searched for GoPro app links previous to this newest one and can't find any. I did however find the link below for Android. I would sincerely appreciate any help that you may be able to give. Thanks, Ray

HERE For Android 

GoPro

Re: Can I transfer an Older GoPro App 5.2.4 From my iPad to my iPhone 6?

[ New ]
Hi,

I know that for Android it's pretty easy to find an older apk and install it but on iOS I'm not sure and I don't think it's a possibility.
I will try to know more.
Hiker

[ New ]

@haindash wrote:
Hi,

I know that for Android it's pretty easy to find an older apk and install it but on iOS I'm not sure and I don't think it's a possibility.
I will try to know more.

Thanks..... I would sincerely appreciate the help.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi

I'm sorry to tell you that there's no easy way on iOS to make this happen.
Here's what I could find on Internet :
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/195074/how-do-i-install-an-older-version-of-an-app-on-an-i...
It would require an .ipa but we don't provide those, so I don't know.
I've asked around but there's no solutions really. I'm sorry.
Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you for trying and for the link. I'll try to remedy it through their answers. Thans again, appreciat your help.

Tourist

[ New ]

This is a Apple Connect function.  They can continue to provide old builds that support previous iOS versions and when someone goes to download the app it presents the newest version that supports their defice

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=9182013a

it would be a conscious decision by them to not do this

Hiker

[ New ]

Exactly..... I totally agree.