Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

CAN I USE CAMERA WITH APP AND BE ON WIFI

[ Edited ]

Whan I log onto my hero (2108) FRO GoPro app on iPhone it uses wifi connection and kicks me off the internet. how do I fix this issue?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: CAN I USE CAMERA WITH APP AND BE ON WIFI

Your phone would need to start using your mobile data for internet. The app connects to the camera through a Wi-Fi connection. Since the camera obviously can't provide internet access, you are not able to access the internet through Wi-Fi when connected to the camera. It's not something that can be "Fixed" as it's working as it's supposed to.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @legendarius51. In addition to what danielr15 shared, you will only be able to connect to the camera and to a Wi-Fi network for Internet at the same time is if you do a live stream through the app. This feature though works only with the HERO7 Black, the HERO8 Black, and the MAX. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Your phone would need to start using your mobile data for internet. The app connects to the camera through a Wi-Fi connection. Since the camera obviously can't provide internet access, you are not able to access the internet through Wi-Fi when connected to the camera. It's not something that can be "Fixed" as it's working as it's supposed to.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @legendarius51. In addition to what danielr15 shared, you will only be able to connect to the camera and to a Wi-Fi network for Internet at the same time is if you do a live stream through the app. This feature though works only with the HERO7 Black, the HERO8 Black, and the MAX. 

Highlighted
Nomad

You would need a device with either 2 wifi adapters, or a secondary network connection

Be careful what people tell you to believe is not possible... they follow very simple sets of rules and dont believe that those rules can be bent...

I can also show how to livestream with both the hero7 white and silver models using a secondary wifi router which will allow for you to access the camera and allows more functionality than the gopro app ... I will be writing up some instructional documents and also do video demonstrations on how to do all of these things and likely more!

Highlighted
Explorer

Yes, I'm sure that's what the OP is looking for, adding a WiFi adapter or another WiFi network so they can change camera settings or download media from the camera without disconnecting from their WiFi network.