Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Blurry to YouTube

[ New ]
Every time I upload any GoPro video from the app via the share function to YouTube it’s blurry. Every time I share it with another phone number via the app it’s blurry. Why does this function even exist if it’s crap?I’m so terribly disappointed with my GoPro because I can record in 4K and everything is ALWAYS blurry anyway. Can any help with this? I would like to only store my videos on my YouTube channel

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Blurry to YouTube

[ New ]

Hello @adventuremountain. How are you uploading your videos to YouTube (e.g. GoPro App, mobile app, web browser on your computer)?

I personally think that YouTube and other social media platforms' compression process is already beyond GoPro's control. 

When uploading your video to Facebook/YouTube/Instagram, you might notice a loss in video quality. This is because these applications/platforms compress the video in the upload process. These platforms have their own requisites when it comes to uploading contents. I suggest to check on Facebook/YouTube/Instagram message boards or even with Facebook/YouTube/Instagram directly to get more specific details about this. 

Check these threads as well. See if the resolutions will help you.  

You may also see the recommended upload encoding settings by YouTube here

Also, our users have experienced that uploading videos from a desktop computer gives higher quality than uploading from a mobile device. To do this, save the video to your computer. Once there, upload your video to Facebook or YouTube from your desktop computer for better quality.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Blurry to YouTube

[ New ]

Hello @adventuremountain. How are you uploading your videos to YouTube (e.g. GoPro App, mobile app, web browser on your computer)?

I personally think that YouTube and other social media platforms' compression process is already beyond GoPro's control. 

When uploading your video to Facebook/YouTube/Instagram, you might notice a loss in video quality. This is because these applications/platforms compress the video in the upload process. These platforms have their own requisites when it comes to uploading contents. I suggest to check on Facebook/YouTube/Instagram message boards or even with Facebook/YouTube/Instagram directly to get more specific details about this. 

Check these threads as well. See if the resolutions will help you.  

You may also see the recommended upload encoding settings by YouTube here

Also, our users have experienced that uploading videos from a desktop computer gives higher quality than uploading from a mobile device. To do this, save the video to your computer. Once there, upload your video to Facebook or YouTube from your desktop computer for better quality.