Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Better organising of subscription cloud storage - FOLDERS

[ New ]

With the new GoPro 10 out now and the probable uptake in further bundled subscriptions to GoPro cloud storage, is there any update when GoPro will implement 'folders' to better organise everything?

Having all our videos and photos in one big area is getting messy, most other cloud storage offer the use of folders as standard.

GoPro

Re: Better organising of subscription cloud storage - FOLDERS

[ New ]
Hi @steviobee
Thank you for the feedback.
I will try to know more on this topic and will let you know.
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

So this isn't currently in our backlog because we believe Mural serves as our “collections” function. But we are considering the whole “utility” collections as well. So we may evolve in that direction, we will see.
GoPro

[ New ]
Maybe you can have a look at that article about Mural https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-How-To-Use-Mural/ta-p/1140932
Hiker

[ New ]
I am aware of the Mural function, this is driven by the app on my phone, and has nothing to do with storage management in the cloud.
Any images stored in a Mural gets bundled together and uploaded as a complete file.

What I am asking is a way to manage and organise all photos and videos that are in the cloud into a simple folder structure.
GoPro

[ New ]

I see what you mean, at that point we are not going too deep into the folder structure you are talking about.

Hiker

[ New ]

It seems when brought up before that it was popular:

**haindash GoPro GoPro

haindash Posts:

3,238 ‎

05-05-2021 05:30 PM

Re: Subscription cloud folders Hi, I checked back with the Team, we do see an increase from user feedback for that kind of features so we will see how we can address this in the long-term. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. We do want to improve and build upon our Cloud features and offerings one step at a time!**

I get I am only a GoPro 5 owner but I would still like my subscription to be easier to manage as I pay the same amount of subscription dues.....

GoPro

[ New ]
Yes Cloud is being improved a lot, for example now edits that you make on your media are sent to the Cloud, it's new (coming in 10.2 on iOS)
Mural backup and synch across devices is also new (10.2) so we are improving on what our Cloud can do :)
However at the moment Mural serves the purpose of managing files / organising media in Collection.