Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Beschlunigungsanzeige (G-Kräfte) Motorsport - Genauigkeit

[ New ]

Hallo,

wie genau können die G-Kräfte (Beschleunigungen) gemessen und angezeigt werden im Video. Ich habe Videos von Mountainbiker gesehen, die haben Anzeigen von "0,X g" im Video. Also auf das 10tel "g" genau, was auch Sinn macht. Aber auch Motorsport Videos, wo die Angabe sehr grob mit nur ganzzahligen Vorkommastellen vermerkt waren, was natürlich viel zu ungenau ist. Im Grunde wird immmer nur 0 oder 1 oder 2g angezeigt. Damit kann man nichts anfangen. Das kommt dem Ergebnis einer Schätzung sehr nahe, aber bedeutet keine verwendbare Messung. Wie kann man die Anzeige also umstellen bzw. muss das in den Voreinstellung im vorfeld der Videoaufnahme konfiguriert werden, wenn ja wie? Vielen Dank. Björn

Nomad

Re: Beschlunigungsanzeige (G-Kräfte) Motorsport - Genauigkeit

[ New ]

It's best to use the GoPro data processed elsewhere.   GoPro is not really about this kind of "geekery", so the stickers are just some eye candy that moves around.  The cameras and internal sensors are good and can be used for many things.  In this case you can see some mount wobble in the traces, which read to a few decimal points (see lower right).  Lessee GPS cop accuracy just over 1 meter, under 20 HP used leaving the parking lot (live dyno). 

geez.png
Nomad

[ New ]

Note that in this case for a right hand turn, the Gs go to the right.   There are different conventions in use so on some other software it would go to the left. 

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Hi,

From my understanding and knowledge, the G-Force sticker is using the GPS data.
Also from the info that I was able to gather, the current implementation of this particular G-Force sticker isn't as reliable and clear as it is for the speed chart or map for example.
Stickers will be revisited later down to implement gestures - that is the possibility to move around and resize stickers with simple drag and pinch gestures. Also to activate the possibility to use stickers directly in a Story instead of having to save the media with sticker to phone first.
So there is work to be done on Stickers side and this is on our roadmap.
I don't have time estimate for now, sorry about that.
So we know there are things not working perfectly and we will be looking over them when the time comes.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks a lot for your help. Very interesting what I can see at your screenshot. What kind of software is it?

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for your notice. Yes you are right. Normally the force (calculated of the acceleration) shows in the reverse direction of movement. Coming from physics and vehicle dynamics.

Tourist

[ New ]
Sorry for that. I have forgotten to activate the link to the related response. It's regarding post of stanleym7236.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hello haindash. Thanks for your answere! Ok, I understand stickers for the mobile (adroid) version are not the perfect display of measurement result. And they are still under development?! Ok. I have seen videos from gopro Hero 5, 7, 9 where g-forces (or acceleration) was displayed in detail like X.X . That means thenth parts of the force, not only 0 or 1 or 2g. But "Hero 8" shows (by stickers) only the full force number (0 or 1 or 2g, without thenth part). But all Heroes uses the same GoPro Quik software?! Or is their analysis also not realistic enough, despite the more detailed presentation?

For my usage (automotive motorsports, races) I need more detailed g-forces amounds to compare and to rough analyse vehicle dynamics. What kind of alternative or more detailed analysis with gopro do I have? Data will be recorded in more details, like later shown in the stickers, if I understand right. How can I profit by the more detailed recorded data? What kind of Gopro software can I use for that?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards.

Björn