Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Bad Render Quality GoPro app.

So again, please do something. You are aware of this problem since 10 months and nothing happend since then (except your odd promises - sorry to say, but GoPro doesn't behave like professionals)!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello,
I started this discussion coming up on a year now. I was encouraged by everyone commenting but sadly no solution yet. I've moved on from the GoPro app and have a few suggestions. If you have a short video I recommend Scoompa app. Although I have noticed the first 15 seconds or so being pixelated and bad quality. So I added 15 seconds of junk at the start and then just cut it off when uploading to Instagram. Works great and easy to use.
But for longer videos it took me awhile to find something. I started downloading a bunch of free video editing software but they all made my computer run super slow. Then I discovered the Windows 10 has a pretty good video editor built in. But it was missing something and it's been so long I can't remember what it was but it was a small issue and would probably work for a lot of people. But then looking through the windows store I found HD Movie Maker Pro. I think I paid $2 to upgrade it and now I use it for all my editing.
I wish I could hit the slopes record the highlights and whip up a video by the end of the day for social media like the GoPro app is intended. But the quality is just not there. Between all these hoops of video editing and the lock down sadly I haven't taken my GoPro out in awhile.
Highlighted
GoPro

@hunter3382 @silkem552 @modxuser @rr92zer @emilk544 

News:
On upcoming update 7.2 GoPro App Android, bitrate will be increased. Export resolution is 1080p but bitrate will be higher so you should notice an improvment in the quality of your videos! :)

Highlighted
Tourist

Some good news.

Will test.

Thanks for the update.

Highlighted
Tourist

Tried today and the video has a good bitrate!

Thanks GoPro for the latest update... it's really appreciated!

Now 3 minutes video at 1080p is about 700Mb, as it should be.

Highlighted
Sightseer

How come that the videos are taked in 5.6k, but it can only be exported in 1080??? Seriously...

What is the point of having a 5.6k 360 camera if we cannot export the clip in that resolution or at leat 4k...

what are the plans to make it work?

Highlighted
GoPro

@kemarr
Choosing output resolution isn't possible at the moment but we are looking at this feature.