Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Bad Render Quality GoPro app.

I just want to say that I experience the exact same issue. The original quality before save to phone/share with youtube is fine. But once saved to phone/share with youtube, the beginning of the video became extremely pixelated. It happened everytime, with multiple videos shot at multipe time and settings, no exception. The quality is so poor I don't think it's usable for anyone. I've very low expectation in terms of quality, but this is beyond poor.

Highlighted
Hiker

C'mon GoPro, this issue is at least 6 month old and nothing happened. Imagine you were waiting for some manufactors to send you something and nothing happens....

Highlighted
Tourist

Please fix this ASAP, you are ruining the experience. GoPro Player for windows exports black screen only video and android app lower bitrate three times. Smiley Mad

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi

This is really disturbing I must say.

Switched to GoPro 9 few days ago. A lot of fun with this great camera. The videos are super crisp and I like how the GoPro App edits clips... and then - this happens. This degrades the video, youtube upload does its part and I'm ending up with a total mess :/

Please do something with it. As far as I see, the issue is well known for a while and still occurs.

I'm using IPhone XR and Samsung S20+ so I cannot see it as the smartphone problem.

Why can't you just make a desktop app version for more powerful edits if you are struggling with the mobile devices. Honestly, despite the quality drop I've encountered multiple crashes as well.

I see where are you coming from with the whole idea of "edit and upload with a snap of a finger" but still, there should be an option to engage more powerful device.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi,

this topic is already discussed a thousand times here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/GoPro-app-export-resolution-1080p/td-p/436839/p...

Since at least 10 months, they know the problem and promises over promises, but nothing happens - really a shame for such a great camera. Right now, the app is completely useless.

Maybe give Garmin or Ista a try. Also their products are nice, but they are not that much hyped through youtube and social media.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]
Here you can see, i have try my best with quick for Android... With pro quality on and 1080 export.

The original file is 4k 30 fps from hero 9

https://youtu.be/NdtV0k_OOM8

A shame.
Highlighted
GoPro

Sorry about that @rr92zer

If you are using Quik For Android (not GoPro App) and you have activated the Pro Quality you will see if you check the file, that the bitrate is higher then if you didn't activate the Pro Quality.
Also if you do the same edit in GoPro App, you will see that the bitrate is also lower.

For now the increased bitrate is the little solution we have to improve quality but we still don't have 4K exports.
On iOS if you use 4K source media you do get 4K exports, simply because iOS is technically more performant. The encoder performance and quality provided by the Android devices isn't as good so you won't have the same results on Android.

Note that YouTube doesn't help with quality either :(
Highlighted
Tourist

Quick is able to do exports with 4k?

Got confused a bit. Which one is the preffered / recommended / official / supported (you name it) app to do the edits?

GoPro App or Quick? I thought it is GoPro and Quick was left behind some time ago but I'm not sure anymore as it seems Quick provides better results right?