Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Auto offload in new app 7.3 no longer available

[ New ]

Since updating to the new app (7.3) on my iPhone, I have noticed that the only way to offload new content from my Hero 9 to the app is to select the camera in the upper right-hand corner of the main screen, select view media, select which items to save to the app and then choose the save icon.

Prior to the 7.3 update, the GoPro App would detect new content on my Hero 9 and prompt me to download new content.

Has anyone else noticed this change with the new 7.3 update? I have asked GoPro Support about this on two separate calls and they will only confirm how to currently download content and will not comment on the removal of the auto offload feature.

GoPro

Re: Auto offload in new app 7.3 no longer available

[ New ]

Hello, @skylarkin13. The Auto Offroad has been removed from the current version of the GoPro app. We will post about it once we have new information. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you for the confirmation regarding this feature. Both of the agents I spoke with said no features have been removed. Is this a feature that will return in future versions? Do you know why the auto offload feature was removed?
Sightseer

[ New ]
I really hope this feature returns. I only use my GoPro for family days out and this feature is valuable to download automatically as we drive home. I really hope it returns soon. It also seems the manual download feature doesn’t detect if a clip has already been downloaded, and downloads it again. This is really quite useless.