Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Auto offload Hero 7 Black and Android

Hi,

I just received my hero 7 black, connected it to my Samsung galaxy s9, so for so good. Got some footage and then when trying to automatically offload my content I noticed it says "searching for a gopro" and then "GoPro not found". I am able to connect to the camera, control it with my phone, and even manually download content, it's just the auto offload that does not work...any suggestions? I did turn on the bluetooth and suggested and reset the connections but still nothing.

Thanks,
Jordi

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Auto offload Hero 7 Black and Android

Adding a bit more details, at least on my samsung galaxy s9 what I did was to reset the connections on the gopro, then before connecting it as a new gopro I enabled the bluetooth, then did the normal steps to connect the camera and phone via the app, it worked correctly and now auto-offload works as expected

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @jrubiese,

Are you subscribed to GoPro PLUS?

It's a subscription to enable auto cloud upload. 

Also the auto upload should be configured and the camera should be connected to your Wi-Fi network and plugged in to a wall socket. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Jay,

I do not want to upload to the cloud but actually download the content to my mobile.  On my hero 5 and 6 I connect them and automatically download photos and videos (no time lapse, no burst) and they are stored on my phones cache for like a week or so. Does this work with hero 7?

Thanks, 

Jordi 

Highlighted
Tourist

here it is exactly the same. I use a Huawei P20 Pro, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi enabled.
Highlighted
Tourist

I managed to get everything done. GoPro reset to factory settings and deleted from the app. everything restarted and re-linked - everything works again.
Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks, I did that and it worked, now it works just fine, same as the Hero 6 :)

Thanks again,

Jordi

Highlighted
Hiker

Adding a bit more details, at least on my samsung galaxy s9 what I did was to reset the connections on the gopro, then before connecting it as a new gopro I enabled the bluetooth, then did the normal steps to connect the camera and phone via the app, it worked correctly and now auto-offload works as expected