Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Auto Upload won’t upload Slow Motion Videos

[ New ]
Just got a Hero 8 Black and took some 1080p 240fps slow motions vids. While any other videos I take, be it 4K or HD, is seamlessly uploaded to the cloud, all my slow motion videos (around 5 to 8 seconds in length) show as uploading for a bit after sending from GoPro to my app but then lose the cloud symbol and are never sent to the cloud. I even tried formatting my Micro SD card and taking one 5 second Slow motion video on the GoPro and doing a manual upload. The upload seemingly worked, but the video is not in the cloud on my phone nor via the website. All other videos taken before and after are uploaded fine. It’s only my slow motion videos that seem to refuse to upload. What’s going in?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Auto Upload won’t upload Slow Motion Videos

[ New ]

@valentin-popa @daringcres0242 @as21 

So I just did a test with HERO8 1080/120 and 1080/240 videos. Both added to my Media tab, then I made sure I was logged to GoPro Plus - I did log off log back in to be sure.
I had a wait a while because it was uploading several other files - now I can see that the slomo videos are under the CLOUD tab as well.

However I can't test with previous / older files as they were all already uploaded.

Some info on Cloud upload:

Once the [non-uploaded] files are in App Media, you'll see 3 behaviors:

- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with a tiny watch on the cloud, that means that the media file is QUEUED for upload.

- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an arrow pointing Up, then that said media file is currently being uploaded to cloud

- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an exclamation mark, then the upload sequence for that media file errored out, and it'll re-attempt once you access the app again.

- If no cloud symbol is displayed on the thumbnail, then the file was uploaded to cloud.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

Not sure why that's happening, but if you can, please try one of the other methods for uploading to PLUS at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Add-Media-to-GoPro-Plus. That will help us see if the issue is with that specific upload process.

Sightseer

[ New ]
I have tried Uploading on the go with the GoPro app (iOS) as well as Setting up Auto Upload on your home Wi-Fi. I do not have access to a computer at the moment so I am unable to try the methods that require the Quik software or that require uploading to the website. But if I had access to a computer, I wouldn’t require having to use the online storage anyways. So for me, I need to be able to upload either via my mobile or the GoPro itself, both of which seem unable to upload the Slow Motion videos.
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

Got it. Our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can troubleshoot the issues with your specific setup. Please get in touch with us, and hopefully we can get this resolved for you today.

Hiker

[ New ]

I have same problem. I have gopro hero 8 and when I record in 1080/240 camera show that video was uploaded but I can not see it in website or from quick for desktop. I try to upload it from quick but is not working also. I receive message that video was uploaded but I can not see it anywhere. 1080/120 is working.

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

Are you able to find the actual file that was uploaded on your computer? If you imported using Quik for Desktop, the file should be saved in the folder listed in your Import Location. You can find that info in Quik for Desktop by going into the Settings.

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes I can find the file. If I import it again using webapp file is uploaded and I get this message at end "The media you're uploading already exists in your media library." but when I look in browser or with phone app or desktop app I can not see it

Hiker

[ New ]

If I upload a new slow motion video using webapp file is uploaded and afte thatr I can see a thumbnail with spinner like uploading and after a while that thumbnail gone. For me look like thumbnails can not be created.

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

It's likely that the video is saved to your Quik account library and may still be uploading to the cloud. If it doesn't sync up after a while, our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can help.

Sightseer

[ New ]

same problem here with Hero8. slow-motion videos are not uploading in the cloud. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @as21

What were the exact video settings used?

How was the upload done? See How to Add Media to GoPro Plus 

Try manually uploading it via gopro.com.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

In my case I was using standard slow motion profile from gopro hero 8. Video was autouploaded by camera but not visible in website or iphone or quick for desktop. 

I open ticket to support and after a week they told me that problem is fixed. I test it and yes problem is fixed for me but only for new video. So if I get a slow motion video and autoupload it automate by camera everething is fine but for old video which I get and where autoupload when problem where not fixed is still not working. Now I wait from support for a solution for old video.

GoPro

[ New ]

@valentin-popa @daringcres0242 @as21 

So I just did a test with HERO8 1080/120 and 1080/240 videos. Both added to my Media tab, then I made sure I was logged to GoPro Plus - I did log off log back in to be sure.
I had a wait a while because it was uploading several other files - now I can see that the slomo videos are under the CLOUD tab as well.

However I can't test with previous / older files as they were all already uploaded.

Some info on Cloud upload:

Once the [non-uploaded] files are in App Media, you'll see 3 behaviors:

- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with a tiny watch on the cloud, that means that the media file is QUEUED for upload.

- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an arrow pointing Up, then that said media file is currently being uploaded to cloud

- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an exclamation mark, then the upload sequence for that media file errored out, and it'll re-attempt once you access the app again.

- If no cloud symbol is displayed on the thumbnail, then the file was uploaded to cloud.