Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

At least 1000 subscribers are required to live stream on mobile.

[ New ]

Just updated android GoPro app version 7.3.1

I try to start a video streaming live but I get:

"At least 1000 subscribers are required to live stream on mobile."

But I DO HAVE > 1000 subscribers! And I already activated live streaming on Youtube Android app.

Indeed I am able to live stream using my Android Pixeel 2 XL.

So? What's the matter?

Thanks.

GoPro

Re: At least 1000 subscribers are required to live stream on mobile.

[ New ]

Hello, @passegua. Which phone model that you are using is not able to do a live stream through the app? What OS is it on? 

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya wrote:

Hello, @passegua. Which phone model that you are using is not able to do a live stream through the app? What OS is it on? 

HI, I just had a long chat with GoPro support agent, without any solution.

Here the transcript:

Rollibbee:Thank you for contacting GoPro! My name is Rollibbee, how can I help you today? Me:Hi Rollibee Me:Just updated android GoPro app version 7.3.1 I try to start a video streaming live but I get: "At least 1000 subscribers are required to live stream on mobile." But I DO HAVE > 1000 subscribers! And I already activated live streaming on Youtube Android app. Indeed I am able to live stream using my Android Pixeel 2 XL. So? What's the matter? Thanks. Rollibbee:Thanks for chatting with us today. I'd be happy to help out. Rollibbee:May I know what camera model do you have? Me:Hero 8 Black Ken Ryan:Thank you for contacting GoPro! My name is Ken Ryan, how can I help you today? Me:Just updated android GoPro app version 7.3.1 I try to start a video streaming live but I get: "At least 1000 subscribers are required to live stream on mobile." But I DO HAVE > 1000 subscribers! And I already activated live streaming on Youtube Android app. Indeed I am able to live stream using my Android Pixeel 2 XL. So? What's the matter? Thanks. Ken Ryan:That's not good. :/ I'll see what I can do to help. Ken Ryan:Are you able to live stream using other platforms like Facebook? Ken Ryan:And are you able to live stream using the same platform before? Me:Yes I do Me:Which platform are you talking about? Ken Ryan:Social media platform rather, like Facebook. Ken Ryan:so it's only not working on YouTube? Me:Yes, exactly. Only YouTube is not working Ken Ryan:Okay. Lemme check if there are same issues reported. Ken Ryan:Per checking, it is advised to sign out your YouTube account from the GoPro App and sign back in. Ken Ryan:Make sure that you select the correct YouTube channel upon signing in. Me:Yes I sign in the correct YouTube channel the one with >1000 subscribers Ken Ryan:Okay. You mentioned on your initial message that you are able to live stream using your Android Pixeel 2 XL? So the Live Stream is only not working on specific device? Ken Ryan:Have you tried a different phone to isolate the issue? Me:yes is not working on GoPro Hero 8 Black using the GoPro Android app version 7.3.1 Ken Ryan:Okay. Do you have a secondary phone to try? (if only available) Me:no Ken Ryan:Okay. I'll have to gather more info to find the best solution for you. Ken Ryan:Do you have the camera with you right now? Me:yes I do Ken Ryan:Please power on the camera, swipe down and go to Preferences > About > Camera Info. Ken Ryan:Verify and provide me the version number and serial number. Me:s/n C33 31351012504 version: 02.50 Ken Ryan:Thanks. Please also confirm the Android version you are using. Go to your phone settings > updates. Me:Android version 11 Build RP1A.201005.004A1 Me:GoPro App version 7.3.1 Ken Ryan:Thanks for confirming. The issue only started after you update the GoPro App, right? Me:I don't know, I never used live streaming before Me:I just see this new feature in this app release Ken Ryan:Okay. Everything is up to date and we're unsure of the root cause of the issue. For now, I'd recommend resetting everything including the connection between the app and camera. Please ready your phone and camera. Ken Ryan:First, please delete the camera from the GoPro App. To do that, open the GoPro App, go to camera list, press and hold your camera name and choose delete/remove. Me:ok Ken Ryan:Lemme know once removed. Me:removed then Ken Ryan:Okay, we're good with the GoPro App. Now go to your phone's bluetooth settings. Ken Ryan:Unpair the GoPro from the bluetooth list. Me:ok Me:done Ken Ryan:Okay. Now perform factory reset on camera. Ken Ryan:From camera main screen, swipe down > enter preferences > reset > factory reset. Me:I'll lose all my settings!? Ken Ryan:Oh, you have important pre sets? Ken Ryan:Let's keep factory reset then. Ken Ryan:skip rather. Me:ok Ken Ryan:Rest the wireless connections instead. Me:Rest the wireless connections?? Ken Ryan:Go to preferences > connecttions > reset connections Ken Ryan:Yes. Me:good, wait Ken Ryan:Okay. Lemme know once done. Me:done Ken Ryan:Okay. Now open the GoPro App and pair your camera as if you are pairing it for the first time. Ken Ryan:Once done pairing, attempt to set up live stream again. Ken Ryan:Hopefully it fixes the issue, if not please take a screenshot of the message. Me:wait Ken Ryan:Take your time. Let me know how it goes. Me:pairing... Ken Ryan:Alright. Me:paired Ken Ryan:Okay, now set up live stream again. Me:still rolling the wheel Ken Ryan:Okay. Me:It tells: we found your GoPro but still rolling the wheels Me:Eventually: Impossible connect to your GoPro please try again :-( Ken Ryan:Okay, please close the App, relaunch and try again. Me:ok Me:clock on "control your camera" and the wheels never stop Ken Ryan:Okay, give it a few seconds to connect. See if you will get an error message. Me:ok il try again Ken Ryan:Okay. Me:on camera read "successfull connection" but on app the wheels never stop Ken Ryan:Okay. Close the GoPro App, restart your camera and attempt to connect again. Me:We found your GoPro .............................................................. Me:I already shut off and reastart hero 8 black Me:Impossible connecting .... Me:now I am no more able to connect to my camera :-((( Me:I am restarting my pixel Me:and I am restarting the gopro Ken Ryan:Okay. You are able to re set up the camera name on pairing process, right? As indication connection is successful. Me:yes indeed I changed the name! but wehn I click on "control my camera" it turns the wheels Me:forever Ken Ryan:Okay. Let's see how it goes after restarting your device. Me:well not forever until it write: "connection impossible" Me:I already restarted the pixel and the gopro, I'll give up Me:the app is no more able to control the gopro :-( Ken Ryan:Okay. We'll have to reset the connections again. Delete camera from App > Unpair camera from bluetooth > reset wireless connections on camera. Ken Ryan:Redo the pairing process. Me:ok Ken Ryan:Thanks. Lemme know how it goes. Me:ok I can change the name, then it says "we found your gopro"....... Me:and never stop turning Ken Ryan:Okay. Same issue? Me:I wonder why is not asking me the gopro password? Me:same issue Ken Ryan:It will initially pair with bluetooth. Please go to your WiFi list and connect the camera WiFi manually. Me:the app says camera detected but when I tap on any choice it hangs Ken Ryan:Okay. Once already paired, go to your phone's WiFi settings. Me:then? Ken Ryan:Look for the camera's WiFi name. Ken Ryan:Then manually connect. Me:which is the camera wifi name? Ken Ryan:The name you just set up on the App. Me:ok Me:found Ken Ryan:You can find the password on preferences > connections > Camera Info. Me:i see but i donno how connect Ken Ryan:Click the camera WiFi name under your phone's settings, click it then enter the password if asked. Me:wait Ken Ryan:Take your time. Me:connected and now? Ken Ryan:Go back to the GoPro App and try to connect again. Me:now the app works Ken Ryan:Okay. Now set up live stream again. Me:ok Ken Ryan:Hopefully the live stream works this time. Ken Ryan:Lemme know how it goes. Me:no, same message as before: streaming not possible because YouTube asks more than 1000 subscribers Ken Ryan:Okay, bummer. :/ Ken Ryan:Please take a screenshot of the error for our reference. I'll raise this to our apps team. Ken Ryan:Please upload a screenshot here - http://gopro.com/help/CaseAttachments?ID=5003b00001Yhrq9 Ken Ryan:Also, can you send us a screenshot of your YouTube channel showing the number of subscribers? I need to gather as much info, so we can try to replicate the issue on our end. Me:screenshot is disabled on this app :-( Me:wait maybe I did it Ken Ryan:Okay. Me:screeenshot uploaded Me:I don't know if you may check my channel has > 1000 subscribers Ken Ryan:Yes, I got it. Ken Ryan:How many subscribers do you have? Please confirm your email and YouTube channel. Me:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChzO5GfYAl1sSzOGs0QQoUg Ken Ryan:Got it. Me:maybe I use a different email from youtube channel and gopro account? is that a problem? Ken Ryan:No, the App should ask you to select the email tied to your YouTube account. Did it? Ken Ryan:Make sure your gmail is logged in to your Google accounts. Me:yes it asks me to choose and I chose the right one Ken Ryan:Okay. Ken Ryan:I think I have everything I need. I'll raise this to our team for other steps we can take. Please give us a few days for update. Me:ok, for now it's enough Ken Ryan:I appreciate the extended patience and cooperation with me. Hopefully we can get this sorted asap. I'll keep you posted via email as soon as an update becomes available. Ken Ryan:Do you have additional questions for now? Me:Please tell me why I had to connect the gopro also using wifi? should I do all the time? Me:which connection is better? wifi or bluetooth? Ken Ryan:WiFi connection is required for live preview. Bluetooth is used to maintain and keep the stable connection between camera and your phone. Me:so bluetooth not allow live preview? Ken Ryan:Yes, Live preview requires WiFi connection between camera and phone. WiFi connection is also used to download media from camera to phone. Me:so then may I use only wifi to manage gopro from the phone? Ken Ryan:No, both bluetooth and WiFi is connected by default. Me:ok Ken Ryan:Bluetooth acts as the bridge between your phone and camera. Ken Ryan:WiFi is used for preview and media viewing. Ken Ryan:Do you have additional questions for now? Me:may I try to live streaming using RTMP? Is it simple? Me:I mean using RTMP straming to YouTube Ken Ryan:YouTube is not listed on RTMP instructions. But you can find the step by step instructions here - https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-live-stream-from-your-GoPro/ta-p/395877 Me:ok good, now I finish. Thanks for your support. Have a nice day or evening whatever Ken Ryan:Alright, I sure will and you too. Stand by for my email updates. If you wouldn't mind, please stay connected for a one question survey. Ken Ryan:Bye for now and Merry Christmas.

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya wrote:

the model is written in my first post,

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details that you provided, @passegua. We see that your concern has been raised to the app team. Please keep the lines open. The team handling your case will be providing you an update.