Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

As a GoPro Quik user, I want full control over video quality export settings

[ New ]

Hi, I really like the Quik app for iOS to make short edits. I mostly create 4k, 60fps content with my gopro hero 9. The raw footage from the camera looks crisp and sharp. After editing a short movie with Quik and saving it as a video, it seems that the Quik app is applying extra compression or tuning the quality settings to the video (lot's of artifacts). As a user I have no idea what export quality settings are being used. Even saving the video on the iOS device, straight to the camera roll gets compressed a lot.

So, after saving the edit and exporting it as a video, the quality is in my opinion pretty horrible.

Feature request to GoPro: please provide quality export functions in the Quik app (compression, resolution, bitrate, codec, etc). I'd like to make use of the highest quality possible and the Quik app isn't delivering this right now.

See attached frame for reference.

2021-09-20 16_49_07-.jpg
GoPro

Re: As a GoPro Quik user, I want full control over video quality export settings

[ New ]
@kors3652

You're right on time :) So in update 10.1 we are rolling out an Export Settings Quality option where you can choose Resolution and Bitrate :)
This new feature is in beta and will be live very soon.

If you want to join the beta to test it right now:

To beta test GoPro App you will have to fill out a NDA first. Here: https://goprorc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3dRVirHRT9IfmBf
I'll add you to our testers' list when it's done.

Beta process:
- iOS: install TestFlight on your device, invitation will come per email

To share feedback and for follow up > ask access to our Beta Testing feedback group
-> iOS GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.ios.beta

I manage this group, it's a place where beta users share their feedback / ideas / bug reports / videos / questions etc...
We can then do the follow up on the Facebook group and per Messenger, it's best for me to help users that way.
Tourist

Re: As a GoPro Quik user, I want full control over video quality export settings

[ New ]

И где в новой версии возможность выбрать сколько кадров будет? При любом разрешении будь то 1080, или 4K видео сохраняется в 30 кадрах. Как сделать чтобы было 60 кадров? Или когда это появится?

IMG_4233.PNGIMG_4237.PNG

GoPro

[ New ]

The feature will evolve and more will come.

Hiker

[ New ]
Is the new "proxy" feature added to this new Android release to manipulate low-res files over devices without TOP hardware features as requested ? thank you
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @iw9grl,
No, I'm sorry it's not available yet and it requires lots of backend development so it's not a feature that can be managed easily, it will take time for us to get there although this is our goal.
Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash вот это замечательно. В целом приложение стало намного лучше, чем сначала было.

GoPro

[ New ]

@novser 

10.2 will have more improvements for the export quality settings and the feature will get better :)

Tourist

[ New ]
hey, i'm having the exact same issue. can i try the beta version as well? thank you!
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

You can join the beta, I've posted the information above, however there's no feature concerning export quality just yet.
Tourist

[ New ]
How do I sign up? I get "Please answer this question." even though I filled in all questions.
Tourist

[ New ]
I tried to join it already 2 times but still didn’t receive the answer thru email. Could you please send me?
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

You have to fill in the form here, it's a NDA, mandatory for beta testing:
https://goprorc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3dRVirHRT9IfmBf

If you already did, then please let me know with which email address / name.
I can add you to beta once you've completed the form.

It would be nice to join either:
- iOS GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.ios.beta
OR
- ANDROID GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.android.beta

Beta process - once I have added you.
- iOS: install TestFlight on your device, invitation will come per email
- Android: Open this url on your phone and follow instructions to access the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.gopro.smarty
Tourist

[ New ]

hi, i filled the form already and joined the ios group as well.

i did it couple days ago with my email (jpedrosmmc@gmail.com) and name (jose pedro carvalho).

Thanks a lot!

GoPro

[ New ]

@zepedrosc 

Yes I did receive your NDA, you have been added to TestFlight, you should have received an invitation to test 10.7 which is the current beta.
Don't hesitate to post feedback / issues / questions on the Facebook group as I will answer there and try to help out.

For now it's still not possible to choose FPS when making a Story, sorry about that but since you're in beta when this will be done you will be able to test it before it goes live.