Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: Are you really working on the iPad App landscape issue?

[ New ]

I'm so curious to learn what's higher priority than a 2 years old issue your users regurlary ask you to fix.

I wish I had an american work authorization to apply for that Sr Director, Software Products open position and help y'all with this. Robot tongue

Good luck, Anaïs!

Sightseer

[ New ]

WHAT????   People have been asking for this for THREE YEARS!

Jeez!!  

Sightseer

[ New ]

In fact, go back to doing what you do best, making badass cameras, Release the API's and let the Open-Source community build the apps.

You'd literally sell even MORE cameras!

Tourist

[ New ]

This really does need to be fixed and with higher priority. It makes things very frustrating for iPad users and particularly those of us who have bought your 360 cams (both Fusion & Max) as we must first use the GoPro app to create non-spherical clips. Even putting 360 aside, you market your app as a video editor (among other things) and therefore you obviously support landscape during editing. However forcing us to constantly flip our devices between portrait and landscape mode when we're moving across different screens makes no sense at all.

Supporting landscape on iOS is not a complex task at all, this is known. I'm a developer myself and can sympathize with needing to prioritize a lengthy backlog, however this is ridiculous for a video editing application. 

Tourist

[ New ]

"We" is probably an outsourced Indian shop. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Rest assured that I've been sharing this with the Team every chance I get. We are certainly aware that it's important for a video editing tool. We are doing our best with making new features, fixing old and new bugs and bringing stability to the app.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hard to express my disapointment in GoPro without the use of foul language regarding this extrememly basic and expected feature in an app designed to work on an iPad.

I never use my iPad in portrait mode. For users that mount their iPads, this app is completely unusable.

Here we have a company that has made its success in outdoor action cameras (that film in landscape) - yet for some bewildering reason, has not seen fit to make their app usable in landscape mode. They know the problem, but it is such a low priority that they are not even trying to fix it.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I generally utilize Andriod products, but after some reading decided to purchase an iPad Pro for viewing and editing GoPro 360 videos. I would have never guessed the GoPro app would not to work in landscape mode on the iPad. It is extremely frustrating as I bought the iPad primarily for using it with the GoPro. Is there any progress on this fix?