Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

App is connecting to the wrong YouTube profile

[ New ]
When I try to associate my GoPro live stream with YouTube, the app is picking up the wrong profile. I have a few profiles associated with my Gmail account. The original profile has zero YouTube subscribers but my main YouTube channel has 56k subscribers. That is the profile I am trying to connect to but the GoPro app doesn't allow me to select which profile to choose. Instead it sees my primary profile, which doesn't have the required 1k subscribers.

How do I force the app to choose the correct profile?
Sightseer

Re: App is connecting to the wrong YouTube profile

[ New ]

Tourist

[ New ]
I should add that I have gone into my Google account and changed my default Google profile. I've also reinstalled the Quik app and updated all firmware on the Hero 9.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @demonboy. See if there is a separate YouTube application on the same device that might be logged into the incorrect account. If so, try logging out of it before trying the Quik app again. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
My YouTube app is only ever logged in as my brand profile (the correct one). This is an issue with the app, not the phone. I have tried the app on the iPad and that gives me the option to choose which profile to use after selecting my Google account. The Android version does not.
Tourist

[ New ]
@mariustanya - btw, I've tried this on two different phones, same problem. After my OP I checked the forums and found this issue has been raised a number of times but none of the posts have a solution.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the additional details! @demonboy

We'll post back once we have an update.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
@aragon1006 I don't wish to be rude but this is your stock response to this issue and has been for some months. Are the developers of the Android app going to fix this issue and bring it in line with the Apple version, or is it not a priority to offer Android users the same experience as iPhone customers? At the moment I'm having to use an iPad to connect the GoPro and my android phone to supply the internet connection. This is not a practical solution for roaming live broadcasts.