Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

App hangs when transferring videos from Hero Session

[ New ]

I have a go pro session, when I transferred my videos last week through the app, the videos saved directly to my photo roll. During the week the GoPro app had an update and saved footage to the app, but when I tried this week to transfer the videos the transfer hangs at about 80-90% for hours, and the countdown starts counting up! It will show 2mins remaining, but then will start creeping up by the second.

its very frustrating!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: App hangs when transferring videos from Hero Session

[ New ]

@fastoasis74156, was your data on while your phone was connected to the GoPro App via Wi-Fi? See if turning off your data connection will help speed up the process of transfer.

Power cycle your mobile device and camera, and also check the amount of storage space that you have on your phone.

If none of the suggestions above helped, please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.  
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here.

Let us know how it works for you.

Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fastoasis74156

What phone are you using? Do you also have your phone and the camera up to date?

Please check out the steps on https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/How-to-Resolve-GoPro-App-Crashing-or-Freez...

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs    

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, thanks for the reply.

i am using an iPhone XS Max and and iPad Pro. My session camera is up to date and I’m using an sd card that is recommended.

I have followed those steps in the link without success.

as I mentioned, all was good last week, the only thing that has changed is the GoPro app was updated and no saves footag to the app. This is now what’s causing the hang issue.

Gratfull for any other suggestions.

thanks.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update, @fastoasis74156. With the recent update of GoPro App 5.2, the GoPro media is now saved directly to the GoPro App. Then you can collect your copied media within the GoPro app media section and transfer them to your mobile device's native Photo app. 

1. Select the contents you want to download
  2. Tap the download icon
  3. Wait for the download to complete
  4. Go into the GoPro media section and locate the copied footage. 

How many contents did you select? Does your mobile device still has enough phone storage?

At which point does the application hangs? Does it happen when initially downloading the media files from your HERO Session camera into the GoPro App? Or does it occur when downloading from the GoPro App into your mobile device?

If you download your contents by batch, does it gives you the same problem?

Let us know how it goes.

Ann

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, thanks for your help, I have tried all these things with no joy.

I have tried downloading as a batch and singularly and my phone has plenty of storage.

it happens when I am transferring data from the session camera to the app, it starts ok then hangs at about 80%, it shows there is 2 mins remaining, but then that time starts increasing second by second, it just doesn’t complete.

thanks.

GoPro

[ New ]

@fastoasis74156, was your data on while your phone was connected to the GoPro App via Wi-Fi? See if turning off your data connection will help speed up the process of transfer.

Power cycle your mobile device and camera, and also check the amount of storage space that you have on your phone.

If none of the suggestions above helped, please follow these troubleshooting steps accordingly: 

1. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history.  
  2. Reset your camera’s Wi-Fi settings using the instructions here.
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro using the instructions here.

Let us know how it works for you.

Ann