Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

App freezing and cannot control my GoPro Hero7

[ New ]

I have a GoPro Hero 7 Silver and a OnePlus5T and the app keeps freezing on the screen: "We found your GoPro" and when it finally shows me the option to tak control of my GoPro it displays a message: "Something came up. The application has cancelled the request to choose a device" and, a pop up on the botton of the screen: "Connection Successful" - what is super annoying and confusing as I cannot take control of my camera, the app says it was successful but it is not!!!!

Also, on the screen, after I tap "OK" on the error message, the app keeps displaying a loading image, as if something is still running on the background. 

I have updated manually the software from my GoPro Hero7 Silver accordingly and also read about some recommendations for similar erros in this forum and tried the below:

- restart the mobile phone

- restart wifi connections

- restart bluetooth connections

- uninstalled / installed the Quick App (version 8.3)

- on my mobile settings, I have cleaned the cache from the app

- also I have changed the Wi-fi band to 2.4GHz cause it could be an issue due the region as I have read in other posts

- reset the connections from my GoPro

- paired the devices many times as possible

I have attached some screenshots from my tests.

Any new suggestions?

Thanks.

Screenshot_20210425-145400__01.jpg
GoPro

Re: App freezing and cannot control my GoPro Hero7

[ New ]

Hi @activesand44

Thank you for the details shared,

To further isolate the issue, would you be able to test the camera with another phone/device?

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: App freezing and cannot control my GoPro Hero7

[ New ]
Something that has happened to me in testing lately, after having connectivity issues I factory reset my camera and it helped with connectivity. So you never know, it could help.