04-25-2021 06:59 AM
App freezing and cannot control my GoPro Hero7[ New ]
I have a GoPro Hero 7 Silver and a OnePlus5T and the app keeps freezing on the screen: "We found your GoPro" and when it finally shows me the option to tak control of my GoPro it displays a message: "Something came up. The application has cancelled the request to choose a device" and, a pop up on the botton of the screen: "Connection Successful" - what is super annoying and confusing as I cannot take control of my camera, the app says it was successful but it is not!!!!
Also, on the screen, after I tap "OK" on the error message, the app keeps displaying a loading image, as if something is still running on the background.
I have updated manually the software from my GoPro Hero7 Silver accordingly and also read about some recommendations for similar erros in this forum and tried the below:
- restart the mobile phone
- restart wifi connections
- restart bluetooth connections
- uninstalled / installed the Quick App (version 8.3)
- on my mobile settings, I have cleaned the cache from the app
- also I have changed the Wi-fi band to 2.4GHz cause it could be an issue due the region as I have read in other posts
- reset the connections from my GoPro
- paired the devices many times as possible
I have attached some screenshots from my tests.
Any new suggestions?
04-26-2021 08:35 PM
Re: App freezing and cannot control my GoPro Hero7[ New ]
Thank you for the details shared,
To further isolate the issue, would you be able to test the camera with another phone/device?
Let us know how it goes.
04-28-2021 07:41 AM