Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

App for GoPro hero 7 Black

I've got a brand new GoPro Hero 7 Black. I'm trying to set it up. The instructions say I have to download the App onto my Android phone, then follow the instructions to complete installation.

When I go to Google Play, there's LOADS of apps! NONE of them look like the GoPro logo. Which is the 'right one'?

Thank you.

John

GoPro

Re: App for GoPro hero 7 Black

Hi @fog4

Please check this link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gopro.smarty&hl=en

Regards,

-Jay

Tourist

Thanks for that, Jay! I'm very grateful for your reply. Unfortunately, the App you sent me a link to won't appear in my Play Store. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy A3 (old).  It's on my wife's A20 - which seems rediculous. I know my phone is an old one, but why should that effect the Play Store?

Anyway, I'm still without a GoPro app. Any more suggestions, guys?

GoPro

Got it @fog4

It might be due to compatibility issue: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/GoPro-Mobile-Apps-Compatibility

Some function may not work on older android version or the phone / OS can no longer support the app. 

-Jay

Tourist

Thanks again, Jay

I think you're right, and I WILL look into your link later today (Just setting off to the dentist with my wife).

It does seem odd to an out-of-date, old giffer like me, though, that the App wasn't even in the Play Store on my phone. I could understand that an old phone like mine doesn't have the capability to cope with that App, but it wasn't there to even try. Yet it's the first on the long list on my wife's phone.

But, thanks, again, Jay.  I'll open your link and go from there, mate!

John

GoPro

You're welcome @fog4

Just let us know if you have other question.