Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

App for Android, time changes when I use photo grab from video. Any fix?

[ New ]

When I use the app and I do a photo grab from a video, the photo changes the time by like 6 hours prior. Not sure the exact time since I use the GoPro 8 in the morning and look at the videos late morning. Any fix to this?

GoPro

Re: App for Android, time changes when I use photo grab from video. Any fix?

[ New ]

Hello, @theninjab. Which phone are you using and which OS is it on? Do you have the latest version of the GoPro app installed? How are you checking for the time stamp on the source video and the grabbed photo? Is it through the Info detail in the GoPro app?

We tested with an Android 10 device with version 6.18 of the GoPro App installed and all the grabbed photos bear the same time and date information as the source video. The information was checked through the Info button on the App. 

Will you be able to check again? If you continue to observe the issue, please post a screenshot showing it for a closer look. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya ,

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S10+ with updated android and GoPro app. I was checking the time stamp after I uploaded to Google photos but I went surfing today, did a few screengrabs and they were auto saved in the app to the day before (yesterday). I have screenshots from the video (correct time) and the screengrab picture (incorrect time but correct date). 

Another interesting thing to note, when the picture is saved, it's not saved in the proper date but the day before too.

Don't mind the pictures, haha. The top videos are today, the screengrab pictures are below from the gallery view. 

Screenshot_20200809-202507_GoPro.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

Screenshot_20200809-173624_GoPro.jpg  Screenshot_20200809-173624_GoPro.jpg

Hiker

[ New ]

I noticed my videos that if I cut from the original to make a smaller clip the time stamp is WAY earlier too, like the pictures.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the additional information that you provided, @theninjab. We have shared this with the team for a closer look. Have you been able to update to version 6.19 of the GoPro App already? See if the issue remains the same. We are still unable to replicate the issue even with the latest version of the app, but our team is aware of this. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Software is always updated, using 6.19, Andriod is up to date too. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @theninjab

We'll have this shared with the team.

We'll post back once we have an update.

Regards,

Ej