Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

App connection to Hero 6

I have a iPhone XS Max running IOS 12.0.1. The GoPro app version is 5.0.1. And the GoPro Hero 6 Version is 2.01. I recently got the new phone and been trying to connect to the app and have not been able to. I delete the GoPro from my list and connect as a new device
The Bluetooth finds the GoPro. Allows me to change the name of the GoPro. But when it goes to connect with the WiFi it cannot find the WiFi connection. I tried manually inputting the WiFi name and password but that does not work either. At this point I am not sure if is a GoPro problem with the camera, The app or the iPhone Itself.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: App connection to Hero 6

Hi @victor86pr

This is being worked on by the team in charge,

Similar issue is posted on this thread:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/Quick-app-crashing/td-p/244355/page/3

We'll post and update as soon as we get one,

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Problem is different. His App crashes after a few seconds. My never crashed it just did not connect. Here is what I did to solve the problem. Is working good as for right now. I uninstall the app. I performed a hard reset on the iPhone. I reset the network setting on the GoPro. Re-install the app and performed the new connection. That seemed to have solved the problem. I tried all of the in separate and nothing worked. Did all of them together and it work. Hope it works for everyone else.
Highlighted
Nomad

@victor86pr,

If you haven't already, try setting the wifi to 2.4ghz instead of the default 5ghz.
Highlighted
Tourist

@andrew63,

No need to change the WiFi setting. As I mentioned all it need is to delete the app. Hard reset the phone and re-install the app. This has work for me on 5 different apps. Two GoPro apps and 3 none GoPro apps. I believe it is an Apple problem not a GoPro problem that occurred during the recovery of all my apps when transferring to the new phone.