Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

App close itself when try to access to media

[ New ]

Every time I try to access my videos files on the application to export it for save them on my computer the application close it self. 

How could I proceed to acces my videos files? They are only stored in the application actually... 

GoPro

Re: App close itself when try to access to media

[ New ]

Hi, @daringclif71544 

Sorry about that.

When the app is crashing you can make sure that we receive the logs.

Right after the app crashes - Open App again, go to Settings / Support / Send Feedback. There you can write a detailed explanation of what happened and it will attach the crash logs to your email. 

Can you tell me a little bit more about your crash - when does it happen?

Also what is your device / OS? What kind of project are you trying to make?

You can try a test project with a couple of media to see how it goes. It could be that there's a problem with one media in particular in your project.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello, 

I got a very long chat with your support team. But they cannot help me with the crash... 

I recorded a video which I share with them, video that shows the crash. 

Here is the link to this video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auz32eJ-33ZmjIZdg-boikcRvu8YNA

The bug occurs when I try to reach the media tab. It charge for less than one second and then close the tab. So on, I cannot reach my files and export them to the smartphone, the files are no longer on the gopro SD card, since I loaded them in the app for releasing some space on the SD card... Actually I have nearby 50Go of video file which I cannot download from my smartphone... 

Do you have any idea on how I could reach them manually to extract them on my computer? 

Regards, 

Caryl

GoPro

[ New ]

@daringclif71544 

Seems like the app is asking you to activate bluetooth but you bluetooth isn't activated.

To make sure we get the crash > Right after the app crashes - Open App again, go to Settings / Support / Send Feedback. There you can write a detailed explanation of what happened and it will attach the crash logs to your email. 

That's the way to go so that we get your crash and see what's happening. Don't forget to add a little description and say that you were on the Forum about this issue.

GoPro

[ New ]
also one other way to get them on your computer would be to have GoPro Plus, that way all of your files are sent to the Cloud and from there you can download them to your computer.

> https://gopro.com/fr/fr/shop/subscription/abonnement-mensuel-gopro%C2%A0plus/GoProPlusMonthly.html?g...
Tourist

[ New ]

Sure, I take a GoPro plus subscription yesterday. But it keep stopping to upload files... It upload files for 5-10 minutes and then stops. I need to restart the application to force it to continue. 

But good news, since an update of the app which comes this morning I'm able to reach my files without the application to crash, I could recover my 50Go of video. 

So, don't know why this happen, but since it's fixed I'm happy. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Well I'm glad! We did identify a crash and pushed real fast an update to fix :) 
Happy it works again for you :)