Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

App clips will not upload to cloud

[ New ]

I have saved quite a few small clips from longer videos and saved them in the app.  They have been trying for several days to upload to the cloud, but still show they are either queued or uploading.  I have toggled off and on the auto upload and tried it with my wifi and just with my cellular data, and they still won't upload.  Any suggestions?

GoPro

Re: App clips will not upload to cloud

[ New ]

Hello, @nimblehero8873. Are these files under the App tab in the GoPro app? Have you tried signing out and signing back into your account? To verify, are you uploading via auto upload (with the camera as a Hub) or Mobile Uploads

If you have access to a computer, check out the article Manage Upload Page in Media Library to see if there is any file that may be stuck in the process and causing the issue. Let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, these files are under the app tab in the GoPro app.  I have tried signing out and back in.  I am trying this via mobile uploads.  I checked the manage upload page in the media library and they all show uploading.  A lot have been trying for 3-4 days now.  I'm not sure if I should delete them all to see if they will start again on their own.  I am not getting a "duplicate media" message.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the additional information, @nimblehero8873. If you haven't yet, disable then enable the Mobile Upload setting on the app. Go to Settings on the App, then My Account, then Mobile Uploads. 

Restart your phone then clear cache (cache only, not data) on the app settings if this is accessible (or if you are using an Android device). See if these steps will make a difference. 

If the issue persists, see if uploading the files manually to the cloud through GoPro.com will work. This will help isolate the issue further. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I bumped into this issue with a recent bunch of uploads from my phone.  I tried the disable/enable mobile upload.  I tried the logout/login on the app.  Nothing worked.

Then, within the Media Library here on the GoPro site, I saw on the left an activity section (bell icon) with a manage uploads link at the top.  In there it showed 4 uploads "processing" that coincided with the 4 files in my apps that were not uploading.  I used the Delete All link to remove them.

Within my app, they now showed upload failed icon for some time, and then began uploading again.

So, if you get stuck uploads, try removing them from the website's media library.  Good luck.

Tourist

[ New ]

Tried to edit my message, but was too late.  Just want to clarify, do not delete from the media library, delete from Manage Uploads area.