Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

App and Website are Terrible to Edit Media

[ New ]

First, my video I just uploaded does not show up in the app. I have tried several ways to try and get it to show, but still doesn't appear.  I can see the video when i switch over and connect directly to my GoPro.  So i went to the website, the video is there, but the website is terrible to try and do any editing.  I tried to break my 1:14:30 video down to 4 segments with much frustration.  When I am trying to use the cut tool, the video takes forever to load, sometime the wheel just keeps spinning.  When I was able to cut the video down and creat a link, the link doesn't work.  I have cut it several times and each link will not load, just spins and says processing.

https://gopro.com/v/KRO0Qm9XLNMna

GoPro

Re: App and Website are Terrible to Edit Media

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that, it seems like you are trying to edit quite a big media which could be the reason of the lagging you are experiencing...
If the video shows on the website but doesn't yet on your app, maybe you could try to log out and log back in?
If the video is in your Cloud is should show up at some point in your App / Cloud tab as well. However again, with a big / long video like this one it could be a bit of a struggle, even to download it from the Cloud.
Tourist

[ New ]

Finally got my video to show up, but I still cannot create a link to any of the clips I create off it.  Every link I create just spins and says processing. 

Tourist

[ New ]

5 days later and i still cannot clip me video and get a link that actually works?  Every link i get just spins and says processing, how long does it take for your system to process something that has been uploaded for 5 days?

Nomad

[ New ]
GoPro’s stock tripled or quadrupled in the last year. They now serve the investors mostly, as opposed to getting and keeping customers stoked.

Part of the stock gain is from collecting a years pay up front for a service they seem to be planning to serve but cannot yet do. Kinda risky due to the image hit and hardware glitches. I might have to wait until this time next year for the bugs in the coming Hero 10 to be solved.

Not a fan of how Wall Street focus affects the customer on non-essential products such as these. So much destruction of “good will”.
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi, @dvldogav8r

So I'm trying to know more on this topic.
Basically you have a 1hour+ video that you would like to cut into 4 segments right?
So this is clearly a huge file. If I were you, I mean here's what I would do.
I would get that big file onto my computer, cut it in QuickTime or else then get your 4 parts and upload those via desktop to my Cloud account.
That way I can get a link to share.
Or I would also try to do the cutting in the mobile app but, still that would depend on the phone device I have.
In my personal editing I try to stick to smaller footage, simply because huge footage are barely editable depending on the hardware you have.
GoPro

[ New ]
Also:
Take a look at this page: https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/upload-status 
The status page will show you what is uploading/processing in the cloud with the source of upload. You also have options to manage those uploads.
GoPro

[ New ]

@dvldogav8r 

Could you give me the link of the videos that have issues?

The info I'm getting is that the system might be timing out because of the length