Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Another "cannot connect app to iPad".

After 2 hours with customer support and walking thru the troubleshooting guide, I'm ready to send the camera back as being unusable.  For those of you who have succeeded, what is your secret?

iPad mini 4, ios 13.3, Hero7 Black, softward v 1.90.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Another "cannot connect app to iPad".

Hello, @blanchec8465. Have you been able to explore changing the Wi-Fi band on the camera to 2.4GHz? If you haven't yet, please go through the menu on your camera and select Preferences > then Connections > then Wi-Fi Band > then select 2.4 GHz. 

Make sure that you have the latest version of the GoPro App on your iPad. First, clear any previous connectivity with the camera. On your iPad, go to Settings. Look for Bluetooth. If there is a list of devices under this, and you see a GoPro there, delete it. Then, go to Wi-Fi (still on the iPad settings). Under the list of Wi-Fi networks, do you see your GoPro there? If yes, choose to forget it.

Then, launch the GoPro App. Tap on the leftmost (bottom) icon.  Do you see your HERO7 Black displayed on the app? If not hit the PLUS sign on the upper-right portion, then select the correct camera model. If asked to turn on or enable the Bluetooth, just select to enable. 

Once you choose a camera model, you will be guided on how to proceed with the pairing. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

"After 2 hours with customer support and walking thru the troubleshooting guide, "

There's nothing in your suggestions that I haven't already done - multiple times.

Highlighted
Tourist

Another collection of questions because I still cannot connect the iPad and the camera

1) I'm already logged in, why do I have to log in AGAIN to post a reply?

2) Why does the camera need both wifi and bluetooth for remote?

3) How will the camera, using wifi and bluetooth, interferred with other apps that require wifi?

4) I notice that once I stated I already tried (repeatedly) the instructions on the website, GoProp Customer Service has decided to ignore me.