Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Android app wont allow me to sign in

[ New ]

"We Couldn't Sign You In

Something went wrong. Give it another shot"

This is the error that keeps popping up. I have reinstalled the app over twenty times, rebooted my phone 25 times, clear cache 10 times and even tried on another phone. Don't tell me I have the details wrong as clearly I can log in with the same credentials here.

Tried contacting support but even when it is estimated that the wait time is 4-5 minutes, it just keep waiting forever then says there are no available agents repeatedly.

GoPro

Re: Android app wont allow me to sign in

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that, so you mean you are trying to connect to your Cloud account in the GoPro mobile app and you get this error?

Can you make sure that you're connected to the Internet - and not to your camera when trying to log in. Sometimes we forget that the phone has no internet access because it's connected to the GoPro.

Can you connect to the web page without any problems?

Let us know if you have other info to share.
Hiker

[ New ]
Here is a photo. Self explanatory. Website logs in, other apps work, checked permissions, etc etc. It just won't let me log in. This pops up almost immediately.
Screenshot_20201005_174510_com.gopro.smarty.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]
On your screenshot it seems like your wifi isn't connected, is that correct?
Hiker

[ New ]
Even with the wifi on its the same.
Screenshot_20201005_210653_com.gopro.smarty.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]
hmmm ok the Wifi icon looks the same as in the other screenshot though. Not sure what is going wrong, I will ask and try to see if something isn't working with your account.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @mapheox are you trying to sign in with Facebook or manually by pressing the sign in button?  In the meantime we will look into your account and see if anything is wrong there.

Jason

Hiker

[ New ]

I am signing in manually by clicking the signin button.

GoPro

[ New ]

@mapheox  I think it might be a caching issue with the mobile app.  Instead of clearing the cache lets try clearing the app data (instead of uninstalling/reinstalling).  Go to settings>apps>GoPro App>Storage>Clear data.  Now relaunch the app and try to sign in again.  Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jason

Hiker

[ New ]
Done that for the 5th time and still the same issue.
GoPro

[ New ]

Ok.  I'm sorry for the trouble, but lets try to figure this out.  Can you please try signing in on the web and then tell me what you see in the settings screen there? 

I want to see if you have any linked accounts or 2 factor authentication enabled.  If you have a linked account like I do for Facebook, lets try to disconnect that association. Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 9.02.25 AM.png

Hiker

[ New ]

I have tried  using 2 factor authentication and switched it off again. I have tried without connecting to Google+ and turned it back on. I have tried with sending personal information and without. 

I have tried deleting the data, clearing cache, restarting the phone, reinstalling the app, I have tried everything.

I even tried to create another account and it is the same issue. "We Couldn't Create Your Account. Something went wrong. Give it another shot." I tried 5 different emails, 2 different wifi networks, 2 different sim cards, without wifi with a sim card, without a sim card with wifi only, checked permissions and gave GoPro all permissions, uninstalled my virus scan, reinstalled it, add exceptions to the virus scan and even on other devices. The only time it works is on another device.

I have tried it on two different android devices and none of them work. It only works on my old iPhone which is useless to me.

1.JPG
Hiker

[ New ]

I give up. It simply isn't working. Rebooted a fresh Android phone and it still didn't work. No point me having a subscription or registering the product. Does your product not work with Huawei devices? I have the P40 and Mate 10. Both don't work. 

Since you have no solutions for it, can you refund the subscription? As you can see, I can't upload to the cloud. Happy for your guys to pay me a visit and try your hearts out.

GoPro

[ New ]

I don't think the problem is your phone.  I am not able to reproduce on a Mate 9 pro and Mate 20 Pro.  We are still investigating your account.  Taking a look at the server logs to see if anything stands out.   This is definitely some specific problem and not something obvious.  Please bare with us while we investigate.

GoPro

[ New ]

@mapheox  We checked our server and we do not see any sign in requests from your account on a mobile device.  We only see the requests from the desktop.  Can you please try to sign in from the web using the phone's browser?   Thank you for your patience.

Hiker

[ New ]
Chrome won't work. Firefox works. App still doesn't login.
Screenshot_20201010_164225_com.android.chrome.jpg