Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Android app update for Fusion?

Yeah, but only if you have a pretty new, fast processor..

Highlighted
Tourist

True
Highlighted
Sightseer

Just received my Fusion just find out it has no support for Android. Wow, thats incredible!
I need to use the camera for work, and need an ETA on the Android app, or I will have to return the camera immediately. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Fusion is a paperweight for Android users at this point. The app update isn't coming until 2018. GoPro really screwed up this release! I'm sure my warranty will expire prior to being able to use this stupid camera.

Highlighted
Sightseer

The Studio is buggy too.
Highlighted
Hiker

Fusion Studio without the option to use keyframes is also pretty useless for overcapture.

To use overcapture with Avid MC you have to have Mocca (for extra money) as well.

So "Premiere Pro" seems to be the only way to use overcapture with keyframing the view direction and so on.

Would have been rally nice to know prior to purchase.

Highlighted
Hiker

I did not want to pay monthy fee for Adobe solutions and did not want to wait around for Fusion Studio/Android app to bring keyframe/overcapture support. Looked around and found CyberLink PowerDirector 16 (got it on sale for $59). Full 360 video support- key frame, overcapture, little planet, etc. And no monthly fee either. So all I use Fusion Studio for is stitching with Flat color. Everything else in PowerDirector. Of course - this means than max resollution of output video is 4K... but my laptop is able to get Fusion Studio to stitch upto 3K only anyway :( so not yet limiting me.

I wish they update Fusion Studio to take keyframes and make it optmized/more light weight. Android app will be a nice one too- at least provide full overcapture support in it. Insta360 and Rylo are already doing this. GoPro is hurting their brand name pushing out Beta software like this.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for the hint.

But if I can't use 5.2K in Cineform, I can stick with my Samsung Gear 360, wich is only a fraction of the price of the Fusion.

Stiching with the Gear is also much better. And the resolution of still pictures is olso much higher.

Video in 5.2K would be the only pro for the Fusion.