Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Android app update for Fusion?

Just wondering when the Android app will be updated to support the Fusion? Would be nice to be able to control it with my Pixel 2 XL instead of having to break out my iPad. Thanks!
Tourist

Re: Android app update for Fusion?

I agree that this should be done ASAP. I'm dead in the water without the update. No apple products here so I'm stuck with a useless fusion until the app is updated.
GoPro Community Manager

The team is definitely working on it. We've announced that it's planned to be ready in 2018. If we can get it ready sooner, we'll push it out as soon as we can.

Tourist

That would have been helpful to know prior to preordering 2 months ago. This is my 1st GoPro purchase and it doesn't seem to have worked out for me. I'll probably just return it and may repurchase if/when the Android app is fixed. The camera on my new Google Pixel 2 XL is probably better anyway...
Tourist

It is sad to see GoPro not walking the last mile. I have few different GoPro cameras but this one brought me disappointment instead of happiness. I hope after using it for a while that changes.
- Needs two micro SD. I was surprised.
- Useless start up document/manual. One has to figure from the buttons what is next and what is select.
- Try download update but serial number was not accepted on web site.
- No android compatibility yet.
- After installed software on PC got promped for update. Instructions do not match screen shots; very unclear if needs to copy files on root of SD or the update folder.

I have to say some positives too. It look good and solid. Nice hardware. Love the option of GPS. Includes drivers for Rift VR and for Adobe Premiere.

Still needs more testing to see quality of pictures and video.

Cheers!
Tourist

I just received my Fusion and I'm rather stunned it was shipped without Android support.

I had to update the firmware via USB, and the instructions are indeed wrong (you copy the 'UPDATE' folder, *not* the "contents" of the folder as instructed).

This is my first GoPro after being a Sony Action Cam user, and I expected better.

Tourist

Thank you!

You would think with a majority of the smartphone marketshare being Android that their priorities would be in order. Of course they'll come up with a "there's too many different types of devices" argument...well then hire a larger dev team. At $800 a pop you'd think they can afford a few extra folks. 

My paperweight of a fusion camera is really great at collecting dust. Without a apple device i'm **bleep**ed...and not the good kind of **bleep**ed. However if that ever happens I'll be sure to film it on my new GoPro Fusion...that is if IT EVER GETS ANDROID SUPPORT.

I'm looking into Sony cams now...thanks for the tip!

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Good day Non-Apple but Android friends with a GoPro Fusion.
As I mentioned before, I find very unconvenient / annoying not to have the fusion camera on the Android app however if you have a PC, not perfectly, but you can work around this fact. There is a GOPro App for windows, Fusion Studio, that will stich your photos and videos: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-install-fusion-studio-windows.

To start and stop the reconding without having my hand on the shoot I'm using my old Smart Remote.

I hope this helps.

Cheers