Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Android Compatible Devices

Hi
Recently purchased Hero7 black, and I'm using a xiomi mi max 3. I'm unsure if this device is compatible as when I try to connect I get a message saying "fail to update", or something like that. This message does not go away until I am forced to shut down either device.
I'm running Android 9, with recent security update.
Any thoughts muchly appreciated
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Android Compatible Devices

@spiryalp7782, sorry to hear about the trouble updating your camera through the GoPro App. If the Over the Air (OTA) update fails to install, this may be due to either a wireless connectivity issue or the mobile device itself. Try to unpair the camera with your mobile device and pair the two devices again, then attempt to install the update one more time. You can also try using a different device (iOS 12 or newer / Android 7.0 or later). 

If you continue to get the same problem with the wireless update, follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok cool, I'll try that.
But are there incompatible devices, or is it sometimes just down to Android updates?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @spiryalp7782

We don't really have a list of incompatible devices. It will still depend on the device OS.

GoPro Mobile Apps Compatibility

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Those links are not helpful as they appear to rely on the devices being connected. Now I've unpaired the 7 to the phone I cannot pair again. "Pairing rejected by Hero7 black", is the message. This is frustrating
Highlighted
Tourist

Cancel the last, seems I've missed something. Swiping down on the camera opens options I didn't know were there and enabled the phone to communicate.
D'oh.
Thanks for the help